replace bushings help???

el_tigre

Non-VtecB18
Hi guys im planning to change my front lower control arms and tie rod bushings but i see on internet but i don't know which one you can tell me which one is better?

Thanks for you help?

dlo253

Yeah, replace the bad ones. For your setup I would just get oem bushings rather than poly. But who knows..

el_tigre

Non-VtecB18
Yeah just the bad on is on my front lower control arms and the ball joint and tie rod

Ryan659

To replace the lower ball joint you have to remove the steering knuckle and take it to a shop. You can't replace the upper ball joint, FYI, you have to replace the upper control arm. For the trailing arm bushing you need to replace the whole trailing arm (I believe that's what I read). Also, if you are replacing the bushings in the LCA you should also remove the LCA and take to a shop with a press, make it 10x easier on you. If there are other ways to do it I'm sure someone will chime in.

el_tigre

Non-VtecB18
To replace the lower ball joint you have to remove the steering knuckle and take it to a shop. You can't replace the upper ball joint, FYI, you have to replace the upper control arm. For the trailing arm bushing you need to replace the whole trailing arm (I believe that's what I read). Also, if you are replacing the bushings in the LCA you should also remove the LCA and take to a shop with a press, make it 10x easier on you. If there are other ways to do it I'm sure someone will chime in.
I know a shop is a easy way,but I want try to do my self,I start first with front lower control arm,I ready have the blackworks upper control arms and them I start with trailing arm

Ryan659

13/16 is connected to the tie rod in the front:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358572775.322896.jpg

20/21 is the trailing arm in the rear:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358572827.987217.jpg

This doesn't apply to your original question though. I made a mistake when I said trailing arm instead of tie rod.

el_tigre

Non-VtecB18
Yeah that one too I can buy the hole part or just buy the bushing the bushing is like 8 bucks and the hole part is like 25 what u recomended