Replacing my speedomoter?..

Catman

Hey guys I'm wanting to replace my speedomoter with another used LS speedomoter. Just wondering if it's a difficult task. Any tips or advice would be great. Thanks.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
It easier and less painful if you just swap clusters. If you wanna just swap the speedometer, you gotta take it all apart and the screws that hold it in place. You can pop the needles off with a fork and then pull the faceplate off, that's how I did mine if you wanna keep your mileage. Just be careful not to break them!

Catman

well the reason I'm replacing it is because my odomoter just stopped working. I put in a new speed sensor and still was not working. So I'm looking for a 96 integra cluster with 102k miles cause that's what mine has.

DC4GoFast

i have a car problem
take out the 2 phillips screws on top the of cluster cover, pull the top out then up, set it to the side, then there will be 4 screws holding the cluster in. take those out, lift the cluster up and turn it around, you will see 3 connectors, disconnect them, and repeat the process backwards with new cluster

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I have it in a write-up how to remove this... You're probably best off just finding a new cluster for sure

Nismor

No way! Its super easy i did it the other day just look at the DIY Thread for the niddles and just leave the niddles and take out the screws that hold the speedo and it just falls straight out and pop the other one out and your done! Just be careful dint crack the clear cover i did!! Grr!!