replacing struts

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
I am planning on replacing all four struts soon and was just wondering what else I should replace. I bought new shocks and plan on using the stock springs. there isnt anything else in the boxes with the shocks/struts. I have heard about replacing the bolt and bushing and was wondering if i should by these separate or what. I just need to know what all should be replaced seeing as I will have it all apart. thanks.

wite2nr

most new shocks come with the rubber bushings in the tophat. if not then don't worry about it, many people are too lazy to replace them anyways even if they have them.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
You can re-use all the hardware. As long as the bolts aren't broken or oxidized and the bushings are decent you will be fine.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
if the bushings do need to be replaced where is a good place to buy them at a fairly cheap price.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
The dealership or maybe Pep Boys/Autozone/Napa? I'd just call around and ask. Have you looked at the bushings yet? Are they super cracked and dry or do they look ok enough to use?

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
from what I can see the rears look to be dry and cracking but I think the front ones should be alright to reuse.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
For sure man. Post up some pics if you want and we can give advice on them

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
.....please tell me you're going to be using a spring compressor and not just spinning the nut off the top hat that's compressing the stock springs which could potentially shoot of and seriously hurt/kill you or anyone around you....... Cause that just sounds like a fantastic idea.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
.....please tell me you're going to be using a spring compressor and not just spinning the nut off the top hat that's compressing the stock springs which could potentially shoot of and seriously hurt/kill you or anyone around you....... Cause that just sounds like a fantastic idea.
you mean i cant just do it that way. lol. I am borrowing a spring compressor to do the job. I don't know much about suspension but i did know about that.