Reset ECU?

DB2 B17A1

Corner Junkie
A friend of mine told me that every time you change a engine part (ie: headers, intake, spark plugs, etc) that its better if you reset the ECU so that it will run a check and alter the settings so that it'll run better. It seems a little strange to me, so i was curious if you guys can educate me on this.

Backwoodz Tuner

well in my opinion , don't hold me 2 it if i'm wrong though, it all depends on what parts you may be swappin. For instance puttin on an after market intake or header you should be fine, but say a throttle body , ignition system upgrade, piggyback system, or something in that nature you should definetely reset your ecu. The reason cause more electrical components are on these parts and you dont wanna short anything out by accidently grounding something out that shouldn't be. I would put it this way , you should always disconnect the negative side of the battery when doin any e-bay or electrical work, it's jus a good habit to do. I mean damn ever look through a chilton or haynes manual? bout 90 percent of the time the first step towards a repair is takin the neg terminal off the battery. Hope this helps out with your answer.

ride hard!!!!!