Restore and upgrade

Beyond5150

Beyond5150
So I bought a 1995 Acura Integra GSR. The down side was, at some point someone pulled the GSR motor and ECU and replaced it with a B18B1 LS non Vtec motor and a SOHC ECU.

I had bought a B20B motor for my 1999 Honda Civic but the guy I bought the motor from ripped me off and failed to give me the intake, exhaust, ECU, wiring harness, pedal conversion, and shift linkage. The Honda was an automatic and I was converting it to manual but it would have cost a lot more since the guy ripped me off so I put the B20B in the GSR.

The GSR is a 4 door version and some previous owner removed the power antenna so there is no antenna hole, and the driver side wheel well has some body putty on it. I did get an upgraded ECU for the non Vtec B20B and it seems to run pretty well, however the alternator mount is incorrect and thus has almost no adjustable play making it extremely difficult to put on an alternator belt. Also the rims are a bit large and so while the front rides perfectly, the rear rub a little going around corners.

I have already attempted to get help with the tire issue but no one apparently understood what I was asking so I will ask it again. The car has new tires which are sized at 205/50/17 all the way around. I have also installed brand new Blox RR shocks and struts all the way around but I did not replace the springs or coil over adjustable sleeves. Like I said the front tires are the same as the back but it rides perfect up front but rubs in the rear.

I only need to find new coil over sleeves and springs which will keep the ride height the same in the front and lift it in the rear about .25 to .50 inches at most. The rear sleeves are maxed all the way up but the front still has some room to make more adjustments up or down. I need help finding the right size springs and coil over adjustable sleeves to make it so using those tires won't rub the top of the wheel well.

I cannot afford to go out and buy new rims and tires to solve the rim rub, nor can I find anyone local to me willing to trade my rims and tires for smaller ones and cover the cost for new tires. I am hoping someone is knowledgeable enough in 1995 Acura Integra GSR 4 door to help me solve this issue in the most cost efficient manner. I have done some snooping on ebay and around trying to find a set of springs and adjustable sleeves but I don't want to buy the wrong thing. Can someone recommend me a set of reasonably priced springs and adjustable sleeves to give me the ride height I desire? I will post in the morning the exact hight from the ground to the bottom edge of the wheel well if that measurement will help in selecting the right springs and sleeves.

I also am looking to make this car a very fun daily driver. I want to do some upgrades in the future but not go so far as drag or street racing upgrades. Best way to describe my performance desire is this: my friend has a 2003 Evolution VIII that is basically stock with very minor upgrades, I want to be able to keep up with him and maybe beat his performance a bit. I don't know if it is possible though.

What should I do for the build? This is a future plan where I will have roughly 10k to spend on it. It also must be useful as a daily driver so putting the race seat belt bar behind the front seats is a no go. I would lover to hear what I should do to get what I desire. Should I keep the non Vtec B20 and beef it up and boost or get a different motor?

I know this is a lot but I am new to the tuner world in regards to where to get good parts at great prices, so links to businesses that sell the upgrade parts at good prices will be helpful. I plan on doing most of the work myself so I don't need a shop to take it to for the work, just need help in finding parts.

Before you throw out a butt load of sites and parts, if you can, could you please help me with the spring/coil over issue first? This is a priority issue. Sorry this is a long post. Thank you ahead of time for any help. I will post the ride height and pics in the morning.

SoundEfx

As far as getting the parts, search the shop site on here.

For your suspension, look into ground control sleeves if that is the route you want to take.
I personally prefer coilovers.

In terms of keeping up with an evo, all I have to say is good luck. They are well built cars.

Mikeinteg

Nice to see more people getting into "the tuning world."
Are the rear tires rubbing only when you corner fast? Im assuming because you got new tires, the rims are not bent or scraped badly. I would suggest selling, or trading your wheels for 15/195 (or 205)/r15 sized ones instead. This may solve your rubbing issue. Iit will definitly sit more comfortably. Spending more money on ebay quality parts is a waste. Try getting your hands on 15's while saving for some coilovers. Thats what i would do...There's lots of threads on suspension parts for what kind of driving you want to do. You have to pay to play when it comes to the 'tuning world'
Mike