Retrofit a g3

TheSkygun

Overall looks good but I think if the Bazel was flat black it would make the halos look better with out the chrome reflecting it.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yea those rings look bright as s*** in the photo. Hi beam action looks weak but maybe youre just too close to the wall for accurate example. Otherwise they look good. idk if that halo is worth having a yellow ring though... looks tacky.

TheCrimsonStar

Yeah a black bezel would look better. I may eventually break them open again and paint the bezels. I was only about 10ft from the garage door when I took the high shots so that's why they look weak. It lights up the road though. The xba led rings are yellow but their ccfl halos are white.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TheCrimsonStar

Thats nice! Odd bi-xenon though. But the cut-off hubba hubba (;

Sent from my DC4
I love the bixenon capability. Hated that I couldn't get the projectors perfectly straight when mounting though. Had to adjust them after resealing the housings and as a result my halogen highs pointed at the ground and I ultimately removed them. Don't even need them anyway my hids are so damn bright!

All in all, I say my first retrofit is a success! Biiiiiiiig thanks to TheSkygun for that write up. Couldn't find any other g3 write ups anywhere.

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Oh i love it too, some people dont even realize im flashing my highs to let them pass lol there like "was that a flash? Idk it was super bright tho, so go" lol i meant the pattern, very very odd. Ill take a pic of my pattern sometime n show u. My highs are also messed lol

Sent from my DC4

TheSkygun

@thecrismsonstar, thank you but the thanks should also go to nemesis for all the help when I did mine and teamintegra forum that I found. I'm glad though that mine was helpful to you on doing the retro.

You guys use your highs? Never touched mine but I'm debating using different projectors that the light is more focused in the middle rather than the sides, but after seeing people on bikes at night I'm debating keeping. I need to take a night shot still of the 55w in mine

TheCrimsonStar

I was gonna keep my highs just in the case I needed to flash in the daytime. They literally point straight down at the road at night. Lol

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Thanks tony but guide credits go to you for making the thread and doing your own work.

Damn crimson how did you misalign the projectors that much. lol

TheSkygun

Thanks
I am looking forward to cracking mine open again to see what can be done and to paint those parts, was thinking of maybe getting custom shields but need more research into that

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
yea that takes work and something im not able to take on yet. Oh be sure to bring whatever nuts and bolts you used during your retrofit just in case.

TheSkygun

I don't have any extra bolts but I can pick some up, how long should I get?
I messaged a guy on hidplanet about modding the rx330 to see what he has to say

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Idk about him but i live out in the country (booooo) so i use it almost everynite that im driving.

Sent from my DC4

goofygamer

I don't have any extra bolts but I can pick some up, how long should I get?
I messaged a guy on hidplanet about modding the rx330 to see what he has to say
Greenkouki did mine. The difference with having no custom shield and having it is pretty amazing.

Last edited: