Rev Limiter Problem

rcj

Ok i have a B18B1...not much done to it. i had blew it at first. then a machine shop rebuilt it. me and my dad put the engine back in but the idles was to high....so we went to honda tech.com (no offense to Club ITR) and they had a video of how to set timing by shorting out the computer and we replaced the old dizzy...... ok , we did that and it idles around 1200 which i kno is kinda high. i tested my cars power one day and my Limiter will not go above 6k. i even tried on a cold start *(which i kno is bad shame on me) and it still didnt go above 6k.......MANN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS.....I NEED HELP!!!!

rcj

Hey samurai. What yu think i did tho?

rcj

@HGO Heck yeah and its annoying to. sometimes I forget bout the limiter when. I race and when I drop to third it hits and bounces.....I'm not getting all my power man it sucks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i dont know but this sounds dumb.
and they had a video of how to set timing by shorting out the computer and we replaced the old dizzy
You set timing with a timing gun. not shorting something out. You should adjust the idle scews and have the idle relearn its self. As for the reving problem, i would try a new ecu.

@HGO Heck yeah and its annoying to. sometimes I forget bout the limiter when. I race and when I drop to third it hits and bounces.....I'm not getting all my power man it sucks
looks like its keeping you from killing someone on the street as well. so not a bad thing

gugiey

drop it in third some more times and see how it feels when your engine explodes lol.
don't be Fucken stupid and race .

rcj

@Samurai I Kinda Figured that myself But We ain't Have One On Hand. It Was A Backyard Thing......and alright now I Kno.......I'm just trying to learn stuff Mann I'm only 18 lol but how much do I Ecu for an integra ls cost

gugiey

depends on your ecu but I wouldn't just buy one .

you might have a friend with the same computer to test out to actually see I'f you need a new ecu .

rcj

@HGO lol let me rephrase that....I don't ALL the time I only Sid like 2 times....I drop to third to pas cars when I'm going like 50ish.....lol I'm not gone be crazy cuz I don't wanna ruin the engine

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
@Samurai I Kinda Figured that myself But We ain't Have One On Hand. It Was A Backyard Thing......and alright now I Kno.......I'm just trying to learn stuff Mann I'm only 18 lol but how much do I Ecu for an integra ls cost
shorting something in your car is a lot worse than putting the distributor in the middle for a neutral timing. And, Im not sure what being 18 and learning not to street race means. I have an OBD2 ecu for sale if you would like to check it out. 96-00 ecu. If interested send me a private message by clicking on my user name to the left and then clicking send a private message

rcj

@samurai well I thought I could at least get some slack cut for lack of experience on this stuff.....and oh yeah it's a 96 motor so it could work hopefully

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
@samurai well I thought I could at least get some slack cut for lack of experience on this stuff.....and oh yeah it's a 96 motor so it could work hopefully
the ecu will work for your car if interested in purchasing.
As far as cutting you slack here is my thing: If you honestly know street racing is illegal and you do it, then why should i cut you slack when i say you shouldnt do it. I am not going to want to drive down a street and get hit cause some jack ass wants to hoon

rcj

@Samurai :-( yeah I understand ....I only did it like twice tho....but like yu said its illegal and can endanger the drivers and other people around them......and yes I'm interested. How much can yu sell it to me for.....just PM me the price and I can get my dad to talk to yu about it

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
@HGO lol let me rephrase that....I don't ALL the time I only Sid like 2 times....I drop to third to pas cars when I'm going like 50ish.....lol I'm not gone be crazy cuz I don't wanna ruin the engine
I call absolute, complete, bullshit on your last statement I quoted. If you are scolded, don't fucking start backpeddling like a little pussy, own up to it.
you did something to the dizzy or the ecu by shorting it out
He's referring to the jumper you put in the plug on the pass side. This keeps the ecu from adjusting the timing. He just worded it stupid.