Rev Problem

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Alright so i can't figure out what the deal is with my car (it's an auto). Increasingly recently, it's been doing this thing where while i am just coasting like downhill or whatever (foot off the pedals) the revs will go from about 13-1400rpm to about 16-1700rpm and back down again and keeps doing this until i either slow down a bit or push the gas pedal a little bit.. So my question is what is the deal with this? If anyone else has run across this problem in the past, how did you fix it? Thanks in advance...

blue94teg

throttle position sensor or you IAC. either one would make it do that. mine goes from 1000 down to like 200 then back up because i havent adjusted my tps yet but if you have a stock throttle body and its the tps your cheapest option is to buy a aftermarket throttle body and new tps. stock throttle body from a dealership runs between 650-800 dollars.

sethro04

i have the same problem but its only does it when i start it up if it hasnt been running for awhile... the rpm will idle at 2000 then it will starting jumping from 1500 to 2000 for like a mintue or two then it drops to its normal idle then its fine.... should i check the tps too>>>??? or whats the deal

blue94teg

yeah i mean if it doesnt bother you at all dont worry about it thats why i havent adjusted mine yet. its not bad for the engine and so far hasnt affected my performance although i have to do some major work to my car because its a p.o.s

JCNOOGEN

tps is bitch to change but it work wonder when u did

JCNOOGEN

is not ur fitv , it only three problem , ur knock sensor could be bad , your tps sensor could be bad, ur map sensor , or ur iacv

sethro04

mine is a 95... whats the deall with the fitv???>>>blaketeg did u have the same problem as mine does???