Review CT Engineering ICE BOX

Theasian

Ok I figured i havnt posted in ages so Ild start off with posting a review of the CT Engineering Ice box.

Car is a 98 ls 96 spec ITR engine. Overall the installation was pretty simple and straight forward. No harder than installing a cold air intake. I used my old ITR Intake arm more of a stock look. If your car has fender liners installed you will have to jack up the car to access the front wheel well to install the lower arm duct. I have the jdm front end and the tube is about perfectly lined up with the lower accent. I would say from start to finish. i spend about 20 min installing but i have a lift so i figure at home 1 hour to 1:30 to install

Only complaint I have about the box itself is it is a pain in the ass sometimes to get the air filter box to snap down. Ive heard a bump of complaints about the fitment itself of the air filter housing but Mine was great nice tight seal dosnt easily come off. Like i said kind of annoying to get it to snap closed. sometimes.

The filter and elbow that come with it for use with the stock arm are deff well made. The elbow is advertised to have a velocity effect im not to sure about that but it is defiantly smooth no rough edges

The design makes it nearly impossible to suck up water into the engine so no worries of hydro locking your engine.

Now after install obviously i took the car for a bit of a spin. Its a quite set up you wont get intake noise like you would with a short ram or anything but driving ild say 33-3600+ the car just wants to go. Now i do have slots cut in my front bumper I dont know if this helps with a sort of ram effect or not cant hurt. But it defiantly has a noticeable power increase in the mid to higher rpm range.

I dont have any good pictures as of right now but Ill get some in the next few days. My engine bay is a mess with wiring and messing with things.

Pros Fitment is great minus the box is a bit hard to close. Looks like a stock intake system. Not flashy which is my style.
Cons. Cost it is expensive as intakes go unless your buying a ARC. Not much bling if you want bling.

Overall Im defiantly happy with the money I spent on this intake. Now if i can find a J's racing bumper duct ill be in real buisness

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Informative review.

Off topic: Are you the guy that had his front bumper stolen?

randomhobo

automagic user
That's beautiful, it'd be hard to tell that from stock. Notice any difference in acceleration and such?

I should have said this before, EXCELLENT write up.

does this use a cone or panel filter?

Theasian

Informative review.

Off topic: Are you the guy that had his front bumper stolen?
No that wasnt me Whoever tries would have a fun time with the combination of tamper proof torx and e torx holding it on

That's beautiful, it'd be hard to tell that from stock. Notice any difference in acceleration and such?

I should have said this before, EXCELLENT write up.

does this use a cone or panel filter?
It uses kind of a cone. It tapers down but the front is flattened ill get a picture tomorrow at work. And you can feel a definite increase in the car wanting to accelerate above 3500 i wish i had numbers i could post ill do some dyno numbers in the spring after the winter refresh. But it defiantly dose feel like it pulls much better in the mid range

Last edited:

Theasian

Yes they are. They were shot to hell kid painted them black with chipping all around. picked them up for 80 bucks and spent the next three days stripping them with paint stripper nasty stuff if you manage to get it in your eye like i did.

Buddys dad mixed some color togather and i was doubtful at first. The blue is from a late 70s early 80s gm and i cant for the life of me remember the color name.