RHD auto to manual swap?

steve-o_585

I was lookin at gettin a DB6 integra off of tradecarview.com. Good prices & good shipping prices, but the car is automatic. Would I need RHD manual parts or could I use LHD manual parts?

dlo253

I wouldn't risk that. Went there, they have a Benz listed as a 2000 accord, fail. Prices are way low, willing to bet there is some sort of scam...or catch.
So, how bout you check it out and let me know... less than 4k for an 03 integra on there... gotta be a scam. If not, I know where I'm shoppin. LOL

steve-o_585

It looks official & I did some research on it. Its pretty much craigslist but for Japanese dealers that export cars. Some of the dealers may be fake but the one im looking at has reviews & everything. Im goin to contact the dealer though before anything.

mjones73

Isn't there issues with getting a Japanese car street legal in the US? I remember that being discussed heavily awhile back.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Your gonna pay a lot in customs fees even if they allow this to come into the states. Easiest way to get a car imported to the U.S. is if it comes in pieces and apart, this way customs thinks your just using it for parts.