Ride Height Setup On LS

IntegraLS802

Im tall & i don't want to slam my ls but i need to upgrade my suspension at this point (too much body roll) looking for a 1"-1.75" drop MAX. I've seen springs for the 1.75" drop but i want to double check if there's a solution for the body roll i get and maybe some type setup that wont rape my wallet trying to get aftermarket coil overs. Any help is appreciated.

TheCrimsonStar

Tein S Tech springs or Ground Control Coilover sleeves. If your shocks and struts have high miles you should probably replace those too. Koni yellows seem to be the most popular. There's actually someone selling the set for $375 which is $125 cheaper than retail and he never even put them on the car. Also check your bushings to make sure they aren't shot, that can cause serious body roll. If they are, look for Energy Suspension bushings. They sell a set that comes with all of them here on the CI store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bkirshr

User that is Registered
^ this is well said. But how does being tall correlate to your ride height? only thing I can think of is getting in and out of the car.

R13

The other asshole
I'm 6'4", Lower is better.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
H&R sport springs, and KYB AGX adjustable struts, best combination you can get for strut/springs, before you go full coilover.

IntegraLS802

TheCrimsonStar i was thinking the same thing about my bushings, how can you tell if the bushings shocks & struts need to be replaced? My LS is pretty fresh its only has about 130k 3rd owner i believe.
About the ride height I'm also 6,4 i was thinking its going to become a "process" getting in & out of my car if its dropped which is why i was looking for a different setup. Im prob gonna try some 1.75" drop springs with a gsr strut bar.
Whats your thoughts on upgrading my LS frnt sway bar to a 24mm gsr one, any difference?

Ryan659

TheCrimsonStar i was thinking the same thing about my bushings, how can you tell if the bushings shocks & struts need to be replaced? My LS is pretty fresh its only has about 130k 3rd owner i believe.
About the ride height I'm also 6,4 i was thinking its going to become a "process" getting in & out of my car if its dropped which is why i was looking for a different setup. Im prob gonna try some 1.75" drop springs with a gsr strut bar.
Whats your thoughts on upgrading my LS frnt sway bar to a 24mm gsr one, any difference?
Replace the rear sway bar :)

djbigskrilla

everything said are great ways to reduce body roll without adding any NEW parts to the car. This should stiffen it pretty nicely. However, if you are still not satisfied with the results you may consider, Strut Tower braces front and rear. Beyond this you are looking at installing a roll cage to stiffen the chassis more.

IntegraLS802

Im getting kyb struts with energy bushings, lowing springs and sway bar i can grab locally which is what i plan on doing. One i dont know when you should replace struts/ bushings thats why i asked. Two i diddint know if the sway bar would make a difference at all. And 3 i dont know how comfortable a dropped ride would be for a taller person. THATS ALL sorry for the confusion.

TheCrimsonStar

Your Ls came with a strut bar? They don't come stock. I bought an OEM Type R strut bar for mine. A lot less body roll. And just look at the bushings. If they're cracked or broken they're bad.

IntegraLS802

No mine diddnt/plannig on getting one. Has anyone swapped out their stock ls front sway bar for the thicker 24mm gsr one. I can get one locally for a good price. Worth the trouble? Pretty sure id go well with the springs/setup im going with.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Your Ls came with a strut bar? They don't come stock. I bought an OEM Type R strut bar for mine. A lot less body roll. And just look at the bushings. If they're cracked or broken they're bad.

LS/RS come with a 12mm rear sway bar, special edition and GSR come with a 13mm rear sway

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
oh you said strut bar, ya they dont come with a strut bar, havent had one of those things on my car in...forever lol