Ride Height Setup On LS

DC4GoFast

i have a car problem
Wanna know a secret? Buy a 3-point strut bar of eBay, its a copy of the PW:JDM one and omg the difference is night and day. That thing is tough and made extremely well

TheCrimsonStar

oh you said strut bar, ya they dont come with a strut bar, havent had one of those things on my car in...forever lol
Ohhh he did say sway bar. Whoops. Lol. I'm sure there would be a difference but idk if you could feel it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

djbigskrilla

I said strut tower brace. Everyone else was talking about sway bars. A larger sway bar will help reduce roll. 1mm makes a difference but probably not enough to notice. The strut tower brace will help tons it will tighten up the car. Even only a front tower brace will show some drastic differences. Doing front and rear is going to really tighten up the car and make the ride a good bit more harsh. You can go lower if you would like, going lower than about 2.5" from stock and it will begin to get pretty rough and bouncy but that is kind of a good thing for performance driving you want to feel the road feedback. Not great for daily driving I wouldn't go more than 2" max. Makes it sporty and stiff and looks good as well. Your bushing issues are already answered if their are cracked or broken it's beyond time to replace. Shocks and struts are pretty easy to tell if the car bounces a lot after a bump and continues to bounce down the road it's time to change them. If they bounce hard and rebound and STOP then they are still pretty good and have life left in them.

IntegraLS802

Yea thats what i was assuming about the sway bar, there would be a slight difference. I took a look and my bushings are fine and sounds like my struts are good they do a great job absorbing bumps no bouncing. Setup is going to be 1.6" drop springs with a gsr 24mm front sway bar with front and rear strut bars. Took a look at the 3point strut bar on ebay and it looks fucking official im kinda pissed i already bought a set of strut bars, going to upgrade to one of thoes in the future. Thnx for the info.

djbigskrilla

No Problem. I don't profess to know it all these are just a few of the little things that I know will help stiffen the car and reduce body roll. There are tons of other things to consider but I am by no means the guy to talk to about that.

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
Im getting kyb struts with energy bushings, lowing springs and sway bar i can grab locally which is what i plan on doing. One i dont know when you should replace struts/ bushings thats why i asked. Two i diddint know if the sway bar would make a difference at all. And 3 i dont know how comfortable a dropped ride would be for a taller person. THATS ALL sorry for the confusion.
if your "RIDE" feels bumpy, rash, you feel your not gliding... that's when you replace your bushings. Bushings are the reason you get that smooth ride. I think you gotta replace them around 10,000 miles or so. I could be wrong on that number, but its around there.