Ride quality

djrajir

I just bought my 94 Integra rs, it came with skunk2 adjustable coilover sleeves.personally I am not sure why he didn't wait and save more money for better coilovers, but to each his own I guess. Anyway I noticed the ride quality is very bad, and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve it. I have tried raising the springs but I cant notice a difference infact its almost worse. I plan on getting better coilovers but they are not the first thing on my list.

Thanks for reading.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
anytime you lower the car, the ride quality goes to shit. with the car lowered the shocks have to be very very stiff to avoid bottoming out, with the shocks that stiff you can feel every little crack and bump in the road. for some peope, they would rather have a lower car with a little better handling instead of comfort. so rather than getting a new set of coilovers to mabye make the ride a little bit more comfortable, i suggest finding a set of the stock shocks and springs. as far as comfort theyre not bad, still a little stiff for factory car but much better than some coilovers. if you want the car low and be comfy, its not really going to happen

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
try sport shocks. poor ride quality being too stiff? If its stiff its the nature of being lowred. If its too soft your shock is gone

Joshmmc

There IS such a thing as being low, stiff AND comfortable, but you pay for it. Some of the really expensive coilovers out there are dampening adjustable and can be adjusted for a pretty smooth ride.

djrajir

anytime you lower the car, the ride quality goes to shit. with the car lowered the shocks have to be very very stiff to avoid bottoming out, with the shocks that stiff you can feel every little crack and bump in the road. for some peope, they would rather have a lower car with a little better handling instead of comfort. so rather than getting a new set of coilovers to mabye make the ride a little bit more comfortable, i suggest finding a set of the stock shocks and springs. as far as comfort theyre not bad, still a little stiff for factory car but much better than some coilovers. if you want the car low and be comfy, its not really going to happen
I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying, I expect the ride to be stiff however this is by far worse then any other coilover I have used. I normally use good quality Pro-C coilovers from skunk2 they are stiff but this is insane. I have thought of putting on a set of stock struts but if I do that I would have to raise the car more then I already have, which in my opinion is already too high.

94LS-TEG

Non-Vtec
Just get better struts. I have Ground Control sleeves and they are almost bottomed out but rides like a cadillac. Just all in what you wanna spend though.

Cripton805

I had Skunk 2 on my old DA and it was fine. I like Skunk coils. My buddy has a fully adjustable Tein suspension in his DA and it's way worse even considering his suspension is worth over $1500 brand new. Get some ebay knockoffs that wont stiff. These are doing what there supposed to do.

Stiff is bad??? When the heck did this happen?
So talking bad about a product that is doing it's job really doesn't make any sense. Don't tarnish their image with your discomfort.

djrajir

I had Skunk 2 on my old DA and it was fine. I like Skunk coils. My buddy has a fully adjustable Tein suspension in his DA and it's way worse even considering his suspension is worth over $1500 brand new. Get some ebay knockoffs that wont stiff. These are doing what there supposed to do.

Stiff is bad??? When the heck did this happen?
So talking bad about a product that is doing it's job really doesn't make any sense. Don't tarnish their image with your discomfort.
What is with people not understanding what I was saying, I also like skunk2 coilovers like I said I have used pro-c coilovers before but the kid before me put on sleeves which suck, as for the stiff thing, you are not getting what I was saying stiff is good and I do want stiff but the suspenssion on this car if far too stiff which is not good. I however have already fixed the issue after playing with the adjustment of the coilovers I have found the sweet spot.