rim size / offset help

93turboteg

I'm looking at getting a pair of 16's and selling my volk te37 18s...

im leaning towards some advans, possibly the RGII..

right now my volks are flush and im not sure the offset on them but i wanna be able to lower the car as much as possible with 16s on it, so i need to know a good offset to run,

im not sure if i want the wheels tucked or still flush, im thinking just flush with a relatively small sidewall, 55 maybe..

so if anyone could point me to an offset / tire combo for either a 16x7 or 16x8 where i can lower it as much as possible

and recomendations of either flush or tucked... this will be looks and also performance because its a nonvtec turbo, so im going to be driving hard.. not tracking or anything, but normal streets and what not

BTW, its a 93 LS with ground control coilovers and front KYB AGX adjustable shocks and the nonadjustable KYB GR 2s in the rear, and if i have to ill buy some rear adjustables as well.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
You're gonna want a high 30's low 40's offset IMO (like a 38mm or 40mm). Also, a 55 profile tire is too big. Look into a 40 or 45 profile for 16"s.

edit: The RG 2's come in a 35mm, 41 mm, and 48mm offset.

This is a nice tool for theorizing wheel offset: http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Last edited:

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
+35 is gonna require you to roll the fenders and run some negative camber in order to make it fit properly.

93turboteg

it will be sunken battleship

dont really know what that means haha...

Somewhere in between, but more likely flush. You may need a camber kit for the rear. And I recommend you roll your fenders.
i have a rear camber kit already so that works

+35 is gonna require you to roll the fenders and run some negative camber in order to make it fit properly.
whats involved with rolling my fenders?

93turboteg

ah i see, will i need to get adjustable rear shocks or will i be fine with GR2's...

and also, will all 4 wheels need a neg camber?

im not gonna be slamming it, just lowering a bit more with 16s on it, maybe right above (half an inch?) the tire

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
ah i see, will i need to get adjustable rear shocks or will i be fine with GR2's...

and also, will all 4 wheels need a neg camber?

im not gonna be slamming it, just lowering a bit more with 16s on it, maybe right above (half an inch?) the tire
You still might have to get a camber kit. At least for the rear. Even if you're not slamming, when you corner or go over bumps, you might hit the fender.