rim size

mattness

:smackself thats just my opinion you know people join this forum to share their opinions about our cars and y would i be hating :cussing: :lol:
K , well maybe hating was the worng term! lol Im gettin flamed for that now! anyhow I hardly think my ride looks like a 4x4 and i have 17 inch rims. infact id say your ride looks more 4x4 ish

DAmonzt3r

db1 is love
K , well maybe hating was the worng term! lol Im gettin flamed for that now! anyhow I hardly think my ride looks like a 4x4 and i have 17 inch rims. infact id say your ride looks more 4x4 ish
mine is sitting on 15s bro i just dont lower it all the way cause of the bumps and if u dont like it ohwell theres nothing i can do i just think 17 inch rims are too gig but then again thats just me :suprise:

mattness

I do like it, actually I think your teg looks good. I just think its rediculous too call someones teg a 4x4 because there sittin on 17s. I have 2 4x4's and im a 4x4 nut ,trust me a teg on 17s is far from a 4x4 here are both my 4x4s sittin next to my teg.

DAmonzt3r

db1 is love
I do like it, actually I think your teg looks good. I just think its rediculous too call someones teg a 4x4 because there sittin on 17s. I have 2 4x4's and im a 4x4 nut ,trust me a teg on 17s is far from a 4x4 here are both my 4x4s sittin next to my teg.
yeah ur car is nice i wasnt calling ur car a 4x4 bro that was just my opinion :D

luis26

91 tegg
yeah if u go 17 they got to be 40 or 45
if u wanna go 16 u can go all out with 55
but i personaley like 16x7 or 16x8 with a 215 45 16

shadi88

i have 19s on my teg and before i dropped it it made no diffrence on how high my car was it sits the same on my stock steelie 14s i have and i dont have some no wall tires on the 19s either have about 3-4 inches of sidewall on the 19s and have no rubbing problems or anything and my cars dropped 2 inches

01FTW

Like everyone else has said, nothing bigger than 16". Also, nothing smaller than 15".

17s just dont look right on Integras.. I think 16s look perfect.

SnD3

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The internet is a place to freely express this. I do not go against the grain here, and think that anything bigger than 16" will make the car look as though you have wagon wheels... Then again, I have seen some nice rims, that looked great in 17"... Would I go over 16" on my own car? No, but that doesn't mean you can't! Go with what makes you feel the big pimpin! :D

michaelz

17's can look alright on DAs but it heavily depends on the wheel design and the rest of the suspension setup.

the best balance between form and function is gonna be 15" but if you want a bit more form then 16".

rockadilla

thats right.
honestly instead of saying 17s look bad and 14s look bad and blah blah, why not just say something "i think 15s look the best"?

i dont think that: A. an inch makes that much difference. and B. saying the previous, as shown by this thread just annoys people who have the wheel size that u are talking crap about.

I dont care if u like my 17s or not, but why do u have to talk crap about them? just accept the fact i like the size and move on. Just like u may like something on ur car that i dont.

92gsrboy

ive had 15 16 17 inch rims on my integra and i like them all....at the moment im rockin 16in prelude swirls....so i guess you can say i like the 16s best...but still have my 15 and 17in setups..i rotate them in there from time to time

darkstarsinner

To assist in the actual question as a couple have I would like to point out that getting bigger wheels is not the best solution to your problem. If you are on aftermarket springs that are to low, buy new, harder springs. If you have a coilover system then adjust it so that you sit higher. A lot of people don't truly consider how wheel size will effect your gas mileage, speedometer, and ride quality. When selecting a rim size it is important to keep the tire to wheel ratio at or at least around the stock diameter. For example The DA came stock with 14's with 195-60/14 tires. A 16" wheel would require 205-45/16, and a 17" wheel would require 205-40/17 in order to keep the wheel and tire diameter approximately the same. To the point: Vehicle ride height should be adjusted appropriately and changing your wheel size will not give you a reliable and active solution. Just my .02.

DA9Mappy

NOOB
Anything looks good when done right. It has a lot to do with the drop of the car tires and style of wheel. All these things have more of an effect on the look of the car than wheel size.

I think going 15's or 16's is just easier because it takes less effort to make them look good on the car. but I've seen 18's to 14's done right and they look amazing. I've also seen 15's and 16's that are crap mostly because they are crappy wheels on crappy tires with a dirty f'd up car without a drop...or just straight riced out.

I personally stay in the 15 16 range because that's where I'm comfortable and i dont worry about having no sidewall and i also like to have the option of going with regular tires instead of low profile tires in case money is tight. I

All in all if you put some thought and effort in to it your car will look great no matter what wheel size you have