rim / tire size?

fever927

Hi guys Im new here, just about to buy a used Integra LS...So i want some 17X7 rims. Will they fit? If yes, what kind/size of tires do I need? I do really know how to read those numbers,

for example:
205/40/17
215/55/17
225/60/17 Tires

I live in San Francisco so no I should use all season tires? or summer?

sorry I am a noobie, but thanks in advance!

JGvtec

why do you want to run 17's? If you want a more flush look go with 16's, they will be so much better in the long run. As far as the long run i don't know about tires, you would have to ask someone else. Sorry.

But Welcome to CI. Im Jordan. :hi:

JDMb20DC2

Use 205 and don't get 17s but if your stuck with getting 17s than go 205s ... 16s are the biggest a teg should see

fever927

i see, thanks guys, i was in between 16 and 17. I will take your advice and go with 16

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
dont just listen to 2 people.

I roll on 17s and I know im not alone on this site. I really like the way the lowpros look on my teggy and with a drop (which EVERYONE will tell you to get first...woops) it will still look clean! It kind of depends on what you want to do with the car, right now its just a DD for me, but im thinking if i were to autocross it sometime then i would definitely look into some 16s or even some OEM fat fives. i love the way those look!

Moral of the story:
DD-17s are fine. do what YOU want. look through a bunch of the cars on this site to get a good opinion before jumping the gun. pretty sure there is a thread specific for each size, or at least i know there is one for 17s and one for steelies (15s). build threads should say what people are rolling on also.
xcross (or any tracking for that matter) - 15s or 16s and get some rubber on those rims :)

good luck in your choice! and were all pic whores, so make sure you post it up no matter what you do!

Devyp2theizo

i have 17s on my teg (W/ coilovers) and they are painnnful... i would die for some 16s right now, that lil bit of tier makes a big diffence

Rich-PMS

225/60/17 is like a truck sized tire.

You'll want a 205/45/17
215/40/17

WAR 178

Premium User
<<<<<I run 17"s but I use 215/45r/17 due to the potholes here in jersey. 205/40r/17 are what most use on their 17"s
I like the look of big rims on my daily driver, but if I were to race the car... then a smaller 15-16 rim setup would be used. g/l with your choice.

missboss0708

Altered Image
The first two numbers are jus mm and ratio size the last number is the rim size...if it says 17r as the last number its rim size 17...

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Example:

205/40-17

205 = Tire Width at it's maximum point - 205mm or 8.07" wide
40 = Ratio of sidewall height to tire width = 40% of 205mm = 82mm or 3.23" sidewall
17 = Inside diameter/rim diameter in inches

And no, I have no idea why tire width is measured in metric while diameter is measured in standard. I think it is retarded as well.

BeatBox

Real Good!
Example:

205/40-17

205 = Tire Width at it's maximum point - 205mm or 8.07" wide
40 = Ratio of sidewall height to tire width = 40% of 205mm = 82mm or 3.23" sidewall
17 = Inside diameter/rim diameter in inches

And no, I have no idea why tire width is measured in metric while diameter is measured in standard. I think it is retarded as well.
damn good info :thumbs up:

are YOU ASE certified? lol just makin fun of the "real" ase ceritified person in this thread