Rims powder coated wrong colour!

sylvaner01

Hey guys, I purchased some rims from the net a few weeks back, sanded the gutter rash out and sandblasted them professionally, then took em to a powder coater and this is the outcome:
[/URL]
[/URL]

I chose what looked to be silver on the chart but it was actually a light grey, they look like crap and I'm stuck with ideas of what colour to paint them instead.
What do you guys think?

pinkley

b@115D33p
That doesn't look too bad. I was expecting them to be a completely different color than what you wanted. Like blue or something lol. I'd roll with them for awhile to see if they grow on you or not. If not paint them up.

sylvaner01

they came up alright on the camera but they look like crap in person, they're not white, more of a very light grey. I'll take another pic tomorrow in the daylight.

Its not a bit cost to have them redone, only $60 for all 4.

built_ls

they came up alright on the camera but they look like crap in person, they're not white, more of a very light grey. I'll take another pic tomorrow in the daylight.

Its not a bit cost to have them redone, only $60 for all 4.
get them redone then... im looking to paint my rpf1 a dark red to put on my car. If I find a place that charges $60 I'll get them done asap

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Don't paint over top of powder coat, that shit will bubble up big time. I had to strip my valve cover after the powder coater fucked it up and it was a bitch, powder doesn't like to come off lol. Just have the shop re-do them if its only 60 bucks

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Don't paint over top of powder coat, that s*** will bubble up big time. I had to strip my valve cover after the powder coater f***ed it up and it was a b****, powder doesn't like to come off lol. Just have the shop re-do them if its only 60 bucks
This. If its that cheap, that's probably why. I usually see wheels in basic colors at at least 200 for the sets. My coating cost 300, but I went with a two stage candy color. If you just paint them, then use aircraft stripper, and use a paint brush to soak it on there for like 15 minutes, then use a brush to get it off.

jbrown97ls

only $60?! thats crazy. I had a pair of bicycle forks done and it was $40 for a simple black. I would either just rock em cause they don't look too bad, or strip them yourself and take them somewhere else.

juniorhm

Should of told the dude that powder coated them for you when you picked em up.
$60 is cheap, get paint craft stripper and tell dude to redo them for you. OR tell him that when you took them home it was not what you expected and maybe he is nice enough to strip and redo them.

Prozon

Kris
Just so you can show off your wheels Mitch? Lol. Go start one!

I think the OP's wheels look good. Even if they were gray I would like them still.
I think the OP meant that it was $60 to redo them. I don't know if that was his original price.
If so, that's a damn good price. I think that he sandblasted them already might have something to do with it too?

Anyways...