Rings from the bottom?

Beanboy11

Okay this may sound redarded but I was wondering if its possible to change the piston rings from the bottom end? I just did the top end on my brothers 93 integra and didn't check the compression before hand like an idiot and he needs his rings replaced. Is it possible to successfully replace the rings from the bottom end? The motor is stock...that I know of. And it's an automatic.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I seen a couple of people ask this recently. WHY
I think they believe it would be easier to drop the oil pan than the manifolds, head, cams, tbelt etc. The problem is the crank is in the way and you cant drop that with the flywheel connected. Plus the piston just physically wont fit past the mains. And don't forget new rings require a hone. All this while oil drips on your forehead (that's the retarded part).

cborden

Jesus is THE way
Piston rings really aren't hard on Honda engines. They take some time yes but not hard, especially if you got manual and take your time

1994 Integra

I think they believe it would be easier to drop the oil pan than the manifolds, head, cams, tbelt etc. The problem is the crank is in the way and you cant drop that with the flywheel connected. Plus the piston just physically wont fit past the mains. And don't forget new rings require a hone. All this while oil drips on your forehead (that's the retarded part).
Exactly my point. And if people are asking. They probably shouldn't even try the right way.

Beanboy11

Yeah I realize it's retarded but you have not because you ask not. Thanks for answering at least and about Howlong? I need to plan this out with the the little free time I have.

OLDSKOOLACURA

Yeah I realize it's retarded but you have not because you ask not. Thanks for answering at least and about Howlong? I need to plan this out with the the little free time I have.
First time, I would keep your weekend free

Posted from my garage