Road noise or bearing?

Airwalk

Got a hum, but only at 65-70 mph. Is it a bearing, or just the tires? I've got new coil overs, and lowered. Tiires are in good shape. The guy I bought it from said it was road noise..... I found a few lies, so i dont know what to believe...still, I love my Integra!!... I appreciate any help.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
If it's coming from the wheel area and not from the engine it's the wheel bearing most likely . Is it a louder hum at acceleration ? If it is its the wheel bearing

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

randool

usually if its a bearing I agree with JayVee it will get louder the faster you go, but if it only does it at higher speeds and not all the time not 100% sure bearings since they are re in constant motion will tend to make a continual noise of some sort. I suggest try moving the tires around check to see if they are chopping or cupped and try a few different roads. let us know what you come up with.

biya

Get to 70 or so then try verging acceleration. Does the hum change with throttle input, louder when turning right or left? If so I'd say bearing, a rear bearing is hard to pinpoint because it just sounds like road noise. But defiantly try rotating your tires and see if that affects it, for sure maybe.

Swerve

Shawn
Turn left and right and if its gets louder to one side and quieter to the other then its a bearing.

gsr_nikhil

Just keep driving until you get a distinct difference in noise. Or try out a bunch of different roads (smooth new ones or old rough ones) that way you can eliminate road noise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
It could just be the tire balance off a bit or a little flat spot. I wouldn't worry about it.

You could try taking your wheels off, rotating them, and re-torquing them all down properly and it might go away.

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
It could just be the tire balance off a bit or a little flat spot. I wouldn't worry about it.

You could try taking your wheels off, rotating them, and re-torquing them all down properly and it might go away.
The steering wheel would shake more n more if it was unbalanced. I have an appt on march 9th to get mine balanced. I actually cant wait :]

Sent from my DC4

Airwalk

u guys are awesome. from what u have told me. i dont think its the bearing because it stops after 70 mph. it only does it when
n im cruising on the highway. i will try out the different roads, and rotation. let you know how it goes

Also, if its a only one bearing one wheel will be warmer than the other. Its a good idea to go ahead and replace both though

randool

one other thing if you can find a shop that has a spinner they can jack up each wheel and spin it for the rear or you can do the fronts on your own if it is a bearing you will hear the distinct "roar" of a bad bearing. If you are unfamiliar with what a spinner is, it is used for on the car balance to match the hub with the wheel veeeery old school like 70s i think anyhow the shop i work at has one and its great to figure out bearing noise but really a p.i.t.a when someone rolls in with a lexus or bmw with 22s and says i just want it to ride smooth lol haha stock rims then dude!! anyhow u get the idea.

Airwalk

i believe it is road noise. I tried the test yall posted and none seemed to point to the bearing. Thanks a lot for helping me out. I love this forum, its like, im finally home, or something like that. lol.... I just got raped by a mechanic shop, the iac valve was out and I couldnt stand to hear my beloved car run so hard. I tried to change it myself but it didnt fix the problem., so i went to have a diag. thinking they could tell me where it had a vac. leak. He told me it was the valve and that i didnt install it correctly. i told him go ahead and make it idle the way it should. 500 bucks i better get my baby running smooth. i feel ripped off, the whole process takes under an hour, he said it had to be "burped" or whatever. I think ill ask you guys before i do something like that again. i just wanted the problem fixed asap before it caused other problems.