rocks in exhaust???

98_gsr

so i went to the track last night for the first time (my best was a 15.9 which i think was pretty good considering it was my first time and i was running a full interior including spare tire) today when i drove my car when i first start going and turn it sounds like rocks are bouncing around in my heat shields or somthin...should i take them off? do you think that is what is making the noise?? ahhh its making me crazyyy

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Hmmm... Never heard of this kind of case before. I guess you can lift up the car and check to see what's going on. Don't know what else to tell you man.

Bizkit64

Yo?
Yeah I have a annoying rattling since the heatshield on my cat is loose...might get under there one day haha

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Rattling heatshields is a common annoyance on Integra's. Just take them off.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, you MAY have blown up your cat....

If there are chunks floating around inside they're sound like rocks.

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
lol, you MAY have blown up your cat....

If there are chunks floating around inside they're sound like rocks.
x2 i did that last week blowen the cat. get under there and shake that cat see if u hear the sound if u hear nothing get undre the car and have someone rev.and listen

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
I had that broblem and I was losing power, it smelled like death when I would redline as well and then one day that rattle turned into a sound that I can only relate to a potato cannon and saw smoke out the ass, car works better than ever now. I think I had a rat cause the car sat so long before I bought it, exhaust wasn't part of the tune up, damn burning rats killing my teggy!!! T.T

wite2nr

quite possibly the cat. when you first turn on the car you hear it? take out the cat and check it out.

tunerauti

Jdm Lover
the heat shield probably shook loose so it rattles and tings like crazy... pretty good run for the first time and not many mods. good job