Rotas Are Worthy

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Having a cast wheel or a forged wheel makes no difference, Rays sells both. They are made in a quality foundry and have quality control. I doubt the phillipines have the same strict quality control Desmond or Rays has. Rays, OZ and ENKI are all choosen to create a wheel for Formula 1 teams such as WIlliams, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, and Ferrari Scudaria. There is a reason for this.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
We noticed JDM Concept mentioned FakeWheels on their blog, and came across an interesting article.

“Work wheels international sales division come to visit Australia for the first time (December 2008 ). During one of magazine interview, one of the questions asked was about replica work rims that is floating around to that this is the answer:

They said they see the situation in two light. One it is quite an honor that people want to copy their wheel. it shows they have make it on the scene. no one wants to make a copy of bad brand. only good brand they want to copy. On the bad side, it does damage the reputation if somone using fake work wheels and the wheel failed. The president of work wheels went to Thailand one day for a visit and decided to grab a set of replica work wheels and to be send back to japan to be tested for safety requirements for road worthiness. Out of 4 (wheels), 2 (wheels) passed and 2 (wheels) failed. I was told that’s the scary part. replica wheel can be made with inconsistent quality. and when work wheels create their wheels, they go through different testing as follows:

Dynamic cornering fatigue test – Transverse forces to the wheel during bending
Dynamic radial fatigue test – Stress to the wheel during straight or cornering driving
Impact test - Measure the strength against breaking and air-leak dropped at 90 degree

Work Wheel has been certified to be above JWL and JWL-T standard by 120% on all testing.

I was told it is like a Russian roulette. It just takes one of them to malfunction and your life can be at risk. and that is what they fear. People think work wheels has failed and caused serious accident or death when it is actually the replica.

A lot of people think it is just a piece of metal and why we should be paying so much for it, i guess you are paying for the piece of mind and consistency in quality. Each work wheels goes thru stringent testing before it is handed over to you. Neither i am here to judge with what you spend your money with. For me there are two things i will not compromise tyres and wheels. They are the one that is contact with tarmac and they are the one that if fail to perform cause greatest damage and fatality. On personal stand, i will not buy or sell replica parts. To me it is not right even though it will cost me profit as i have been asked if i sell them. But like i say i am not to judge what you want your spend your money on, but just shedding some perspective from japanese side who has their wheel being copied. “

http://fakewheels.com/2009/03/comments-about-replicas-from-work-wheels/

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
As a film maker i would hate to have my scripts ripped off by someone because they changed the name of someone or location of the story. This is essentially the same thing and is kind of illegal but they can get away with it because the lugs dont line up 100% like the originals

<CleanNDirty>

Because people still buy their products anyway
apparently not enough people if their business is in supposed trouble from companies like Rota

I plan on buying a set of volks eventually but if i can get a set of Rotas to put on till i save up the money then i will. Most likely ill have money saved for rotas and just save lil more for volks so that i dont have 3 sets of wheels. Id possibly buy rotas after i had volks just so i had a set of winter wheels that i dont have to worry if the road salt eats away at them.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Why would you even consider buying Volks if Rotas are worthy enough?

You already stated that they are track proven real deal race car wheels that look identical, maybe not that exact wording.

<CleanNDirty>

But like i say i am not to judge what you want your spend your money on[/url]
well im happy you dont judge lol wish everyone on here was like you. Like i said in other post i plan on buying volks eventually. But i would never purposefully buy a part that is fake but marketed as an authentic part. Wheels is pushing it, only reason i like rotas is that it appeals to people that either dont have budget or are really cheap(dont like this excuse). Id like to see alot of nice cars lowered rocking nice looking wheels. There will always be fakes and thats a fact. But its better to have good quality fakes then poor quality ones.

Point of thread is that if your gonna buy fake wheels plz buy Rotas. They have a good quality (obviously not as good as legit thing). But atleast their stuff is safer then most other replicas out there.

<CleanNDirty>

i take pride in legit stuff, but if you want a wheel that you dont have to care for cause its inexpensive then get a rota. I posted this thread not to advocate myself getting rotas but in order to show new people to the car scene that if they dont want have alot of money and they want some quality then they can get a nice looking sets of wheels. Some people buy tegs that have ugly ass wheels on them but they dont have money to replace them. Rotas give them a way to make it look nicer at a more affordable cost. Kid on here has altezzas because they came with car and cant afford to get new ones(sad story i know). Point is it would be nice to get more nice looking integras on the road without sacrificing safety to do so

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Why would you even consider buying Volks if Rotas are worthy enough?

You already stated that they are track proven real deal race car wheels that look identical, maybe not that exact wording.
Its cool breh! I would consider buying rotas but you know my reasoning, but then again...i do own a set of wheels that are quite pretty :] and real

8-bit

do what now?
Thanks for the informative post ominous g2!
I personally think if I can find me a cheap set of rotas i'll get them but other then that I think ill stick to oem wheels until I can get legit wheels.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
Some people say "Drag" are knockoff Rotas....so apparently Drag is a knockoff of a knockoff? hmmmm

Sammich

not many companies have come up w/ a one of wheel that doesnt incorporate a similiar/same design(look) of a wheel that hasnt been already done. i understand the profit kill for the 'real' companies. but some people dont really care to spend $5k (exaggeration, maybe) for a set of wheels when you can get them for a fraction of the cost. especially i cant for two reasons...one on a DD, i wont spend that sort of money and two im a bit of a wheel whore so i wont even get the money that i put into that wheel if i paid for the real thing.

at the end of the day, purchasing these wheels is a decision of the buyer, not to mention, economic times make it hard to get the real thing...not many of us are in 6 figures...and if they are, i'm doubting they are DD integras, no hate, just stating facts

Cripton805

One thing to mention... Wouldn't Rotas be illegal to sell if they were actually stealing the design?
The real companies probably sell the design "or" let them use them for a profit on each wheel sold.

Selling fake s*** is illegal. Why is Rota in track events, meets, and even in the country?

This is my theory and Rota has been around for almost 3 decades now. They have made fake Mugen, Spoon, and a bunch of other wheels that have been pretty damn hard to find. So people at least look for the design and they are happy with it. A lot of their wheels aren't even made anymore by the real manufacturer and is probably why they sold / let them use the design for profit years after it's been discontinued.

It's a win win situation in their eyes. It doesn't profit Volk, Mugen, Spoon, etc... to bring back a dead wheel.
s*** gets popular after it's death for some reason.