Rough idle and white smoke problem

JDM-TEG

ive got a 93 integra and first thing in the morning when i start it it runs fine no smoke and idle is good it just starts acting up when i drive around and get it hot then i turn it off then turn it back on then it idles really low like 100 rpm and i gotta give it gas to keep it a live and white smoke comes outta my exhaust and it sounds like a lawn mower. it will finally go away once i start driving for a couple minutes and idle will go to normal and sounds fine. ive hurd some people say that my head gasket could be going bad bud i checked my compression and it was fine. im thinking the rough idle is either my spark plugs or my fuel injectors are all gummed up and the smoke is a water leak of some sort. please help with experience or some ideas. thanks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
try looking at your ignition system and then do a valve adjustment.

JDM-TEG

i got back from work took off the spark plug boots and there was either oil or water on them but only three i hurd that if that happens then you got a blown head gasket but i then took the oil cap off and it was clean and not all milky or thick it was spottless and i checked my coolant level and it wasnt full but i was able to see the water.

someone told me that i might have a water leak cuz sometimes i gotta refill my radiator atleast every week and they were thinking that i could have a water leak and when i start up my car its burning the water and thats what the white smoke is but im not sure where so i will drive around and check for leaks and do what you said blue

mjones73

Headgasket. Depending on where it's leaking, you can get coolant in the cylinders and not in the oil.

Oil on the spark plug boots means your valve tube seals may be leaking also, a blown head gasket is not going to allow oil/water to get on the spark plug boots.

JDM-TEG

alright is there another way of testing to see if my head gasket is blown

Frannkie

I♥MyDa9
Dang Man, This Sucks ! Im Having Similar Car problems Lke this. Mostly everything that has happened to you, is happening to me.......
My car Turns On Rough And Nasty But after about 30 seconds of being on, it sounds normal...But then the Smell Of Gas Comes Right From Under the Hood ? . . .
And Really, You Wont Really Know Forsure if you have A Blown Gasket Unless You really See it Yourself. I'd say Just Pressure test it. Or check Your Spark Plugs For any Coolant.
And With it Idleing All Funky, Just Clean out the Carb In the intake manifold and Clean the Carburetor. It should be At Normal RPM's After a good clean.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Dang Man, This Sucks ! Im Having Similar Car problems Lke this. Mostly everything that has happened to you, is happening to me.......
My car Turns On Rough And Nasty But after about 30 seconds of being on, it sounds normal...But then the Smell Of Gas Comes Right From Under the Hood ? . . .
And Really, You Wont Really Know Forsure if you have A Blown Gasket Unless You really See it Yourself. I'd say Just Pressure test it. Or check Your Spark Plugs For any Coolant.
And With it Idleing All Funky, Just Clean out the Carb In the intake manifold and Clean the Carburetor. It should be At Normal RPM's After a good clean.
You need to stop giving advice if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. We don't even have carbs. You are repeating shit you have heard and hoping it makes sense. He CAN test for a blown headgasket, it's called a leak down test. I don't know if that's what you meant by pressure test, but... Browse and learn some before you try telling people to clean their carbs, lol...

To the op... Have a leakdown test done to verify if the headgasket is blown or do it yourself if you are able, and get back to us. If you don't know how to do a leakdown test, just use Google and I'm sure you'll find a write up.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
You need to stop giving advice if you don't know what the f*** you're talking about. We don't even have carbs. You are repeating s*** you have heard and hoping it makes sense. He CAN test for a blown headgasket, it's called a leak down test. I don't know if that's what you meant by pressure test, but... Browse and learn some before you try telling people to clean their carbs, lol...

To the op... Have a leakdown test done to verify if the headgasket is blown or do it yourself if you are able, and get back to us. If you don't know how to do a leakdown test, just use Google and I'm sure you'll find a write up.
Get 'em

smithboy76908

Boost Addict
White smoke = coolant. Your problem is most likely a head gasket. Like others have said already, get a leakdown test.

I can sorta handle noobs asking dumb question (not insinuating that this was a dumb question), but for someone to give such blatantly retarded advice when they clearly have no clue sets me off.
and we unfortunately see this in every community. The internet is the best but also the worst thing to happen to the automotive community.