rpm cuts off at 3500

simzi

hi, I have a 2001 ls integra and the rpm cuts off at 3500 as if it was in the redline .
it idles ok starts ok , I can drive the car but it has almost no power . if I downshift from 5th to 3rd the rpm goes up passed 3500 but if I press the gas the engine makes a deep sound and it won't accelerate.
I was told that it could be the ECU !

please if anyone has an idea or has had this problem let me know

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You must be getting a check engine light when it does this. Pull the CEL code and let us know.

G_S_R

Banned
Definitely something with the CPU. Did you do anything to tamper with the CPU, or did anyone prior to you, or did the problem just emerge now? Also, this is a long shot but some cars (including Acura), have a feature that if the air intake sensor isnt functioning, it won't let you rev past a certain RPM as a safety measure.

cody110

Integra Atheist
Definitely something with the CPU. Did you do anything to tamper with the CPU, or did anyone prior to you, or did the problem just emerge now? Also, this is a long shot but some cars (including Acura), have a feature that if the air intake sensor isnt functioning, it won't let you rev past a certain RPM as a safety measure.
lol

96GSRteg

Tyler
your ecu is in limp mode. it means something critical has occured and the ecu is allowing you to get around and thats about it. go to oreillys or something and ask them to pull your CEL codes.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
"Critical" may be a bit of an overstatement. Most the time it's just something stupid, but be sure to get that code checked.
Unfortunately auto part stores don't read codes anymore, at least in California. Dealerships and auto repair shops will all have them.