rpm drop to almost stall with ac on

TheSkygun

happened today and yesterday.
ill be driving the car normally, turn on the ac, rpms drop a little then climb like normal.
here is the catch, at times the rpms will drop down to almost stalling and the engine starts to shake and then climb and drop again. it kinda sounds like when the compressor kicks in it starts but when it turns off it returns to normal. only thing i could think of is it is about time to change all my plugs and wires. i have a new dizzy. fans work fine. no check engine. normal idle is around 800rpms for me but this causes it to get close to 150ish if not below.

97 ls auto coupe
168k miles

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2882250
this seems to be as close as i can find to my problem but has no answer

TheSkygun

i read that could be an issue but i rathered hope it was something i could do at home. a vacuum leak is something i have no way to find out. but if it is a vacuum leak then i guess the temp soln is not to use my ac and just sweat in the heat

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Check to make sure all your hoses are connected, that's one way.

TheSkygun

Actually didn't think of that. Also read that I could spray throttle body cleaner where I suspect to be a leak and watch to see if it bubbles

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Yeah, also clean your IACV, It's located on the back of the intake mani. I think there is a write up

TheSkygun

i think what ill do is clean that as i do my wires, plugs, and make sure all hoses are on good. run the car to see how it works and if there is a problem then ill test for leaks

Nick_C78

Yeah, also clean your IACV, It's located on the back of the intake mani. I think there is a write up
I was going to suggest this. I am 99% sure this is your problem. Especially if it has never been cleaned.

No need for a write up. You just take out the 12mm bolts, pull it back so that you can clean the screen with throttle body cleaner and put it back together.

TheSkygun

i hope so. a lot of my hoses i have changed so i know the should be on good, but i believe my ac has a leak so idk. but now that i know about cleaning that i plan on it. probably tomorrow since i have nothing to do

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
I was going to suggest this. I am 99% sure this is your problem. Especially if it has never been cleaned.

No need for a write up. You just take out the 12mm bolts, pull it back so that you can clean the screen with throttle body cleaner and put it back together.
Some people learn better after seeing it one first, so that's why i suggested the write up