RSX knuckle in Integra?

LightSkinbyYosi

So I just had an H2B swap done on my integra and everything is perfect but I want bigger brakes on the car, can I take the entire knuckle assembly from an RSX and throw it on the integra?

I know some modification will be necessary but is it possible, how difficult is it and has anyone done it before?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Why not just run one of the following brake set ups:

S2000/rsx s caliper with a 300mm rotor (redrilled type s or s2000)
ITR caliper with mini cooper 280mm rotor
Legend 2 piston caliper with mini cooper 280mm rotor

the ITR / legend clear a 15" wheel and can be used with stock wheels (i would run a small spacer)

RSX/S2000 require at least a 16. they did not fit with any of my 15" wheels

LightSkinbyYosi

Why not just run one of the following brake set ups:

S2000/rsx s caliper with a 300mm rotor (redrilled type s or s2000)
ITR caliper with mini cooper 280mm rotor
Legend 2 piston caliper with mini cooper 280mm rotor

the ITR / legend clear a 15" wheel and can be used with stock wheels (i would run a small spacer)

RSX/S2000 require at least a 16. they did not fit with any of my 15" wheels
I was looking into the calipers but though it would be easier taking the entire thing, but now that I think about it, this is a little easier lol. And your talking just stock calipers or could I use aftermarket calipers and adjust the size of the rotor?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
no. Unless its like a willwood kit and you can get a longer caliper bracket. But whats the overall goal for the car? I run ITR calipers, mini cooper rotors and Project Mu Club Racer pads on my track car. That is way too much brake. S2000/RSX have a smaller caliper but a bigger rotor which helps with cooling. ITR is a bigger caliper for stopping power but could possibly fade over a long long time where the S2000 wont or shouldnt. Pad choice plays a big role in stopping.

LightSkinbyYosi

I just want to stop better, currently she ride is awesome but I get a little nervous coming to a stop. I currently use monroe rotors and pads on the stock braking system but want to beef it up a little so the stopping is a little more precise.

Give me an example of the setup you would use if you were doing down the S2K caliper route.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Okay, so you need pads and fluid thats all lol.

Get a good pad like an Hawk HPS unless you do spirited driving, then a Hawk HP+ or EBC Yellow pad and quality DOT4 fluid like ATE or Motul RBF, with stainless steel lines. You will stop. That set up stops drag cars.

If you do an S2000 caliper and rotor, REMEMBER you need a 16" wheel. AND THEY WILL NOT WORK WELL WITH BAD ROTORS AND PADS. It will pretty much be the same brake feel of your car at the moment unless you upgrade everything. My set up would be a Spoon Calipers, blank rotors and Project Mu Club Racer pads.

Your entire lack of confidence in your braking comes from the cheap components you have. I would just do pads, fluid and stainless steel lines. You will be over braking your car with S2000 calipers...like lock up any time you touch the brakes.

just my 2 cents.

LightSkinbyYosi

How do I know if the mini rotors are 280 mm? Do I just ask for them like that when I buy em

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Okay, so you need pads and fluid thats all lol.

Get a good pad like an Hawk HPS unless you do spirited driving, then a Hawk HP+ or EBC Yellow pad and quality DOT4 fluid like ATE or Motul RBF, with stainless steel lines. You will stop. That set up stops drag cars.

If you do an S2000 caliper and rotor, REMEMBER you need a 16" wheel. AND THEY WILL NOT WORK WELL WITH BAD ROTORS AND PADS. It will pretty much be the same brake feel of your car at the moment unless you upgrade everything. My set up would be a Spoon Calipers, blank rotors and Project Mu Club Racer pads.

Your entire lack of confidence in your braking comes from the cheap components you have. I would just do pads, fluid and stainless steel lines. You will be over braking your car with S2000 calipers...like lock up any time you touch the brakes.

just my 2 cents.
not to thread jack, but do you notice a big difference from cheap DOT4 fluid to more pricey stuff like Motul?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Remember, your brakes are only as good as your tires. Dumping a bunch of money into a better brake setup doesn't accomplish much of anything if you don't have sticky tires. The most important upgrades in braking are tire selection and pad selection.

You can stand on the stock brakes and lock up the tires or activate ABS so adding more braking power isn't going to make for shorter stopping distances. It will just allow you to do it more than once without it fading, which is useful in spirited driving and track events but not so much in daily driving. You have to add more grip to reduce stopping distances, otherwise nothing has changed but the resistance to fading.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
How do I know if the mini rotors are 280 mm? Do I just ask for them like that when I buy em

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
All mini cooper non S from that year/generation are 280. If you are really concerned you can do a 2 piece rotor from ICB and get an R crew 4x100 hat and a Project mu 280mm rotor.

not to thread jack, but do you notice a big difference from cheap DOT4 fluid to more pricey stuff like Motul?
Probably. Never used cheap stuff.I wouldnt trust cheap stuff on track at the temps i assume my brakes get.

Remember, your brakes are only as good as your tires. Dumping a bunch of money into a better brake setup doesn't accomplish much of anything if you don't have sticky tires. The most important upgrades in braking are tire selection and pad selection.

You can stand on the stock brakes and lock up the tires or activate ABS so adding more braking power isn't going to make for shorter stopping distances. It will just allow you to do it more than once without it fading, which is useful in spirited driving and track events but not so much in daily driving. You have to add more grip to reduce stopping distances, otherwise nothing has changed but the resistance to fading.
x2. My ITR caliper set up with ProjectMu Club Racer pads will lock up if I threshold brake on WARM street tires. On R compound tires they will not.