RSX Muffler on a DC/DB? Can it be done? **pics**

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
i have a brand new RSX muffler that was on a 2003 Acura RSX Type S. Its brand new and was taken off the vehicle days after it was purchased. I took the muffler to a muffler shop with my car, they hoisted it up and took one look at the muffler and the car and said it couldn't be done. I was kinda shocked that they weren't able to do it seeing is that this was one of the best muffler shops in town and assuming they could do anything with some modification. so my question is, is this true, can a RSX fit on a DC/DB integra?

here are some images that i found on google with DC with what appears to be a RSX muffler. i googled "stock RSX muffler"

jznsn2u

the piping for integra's ls/rs/gs/gsr are all 2inch. the inlet piping for the rsx type s & civic si are 2 1/4. if you want to keep your stock integra b piping, you would have to fabricated a flange that increases from 2- 2 1/4, thus retro fitting your stock pipe to fit the rsx muffler. I know it because i wanted to do this. i ended up increasing my whole cat back system with a mugen b pipe + twin loop 2.5. you can ask a muffler shop to custom fabricate your a b pipe & resonator to fit the rsx muffler if you don't want to cut or tamper with your stock cat back system. if i had to estimate your expenses for fabricating a 2 1/4 exhaust just to fit your muffler, id say 150-300 depending on what resonator you choose to fit on it, and where you get it welded. If you have any other questions shoot, i recently took time to try the set up you're going for but i wanted a 2.5 system and the type s wasn't isn't. i hope that helped.

genesis

tougê hêrmit
here is my car with a RSX type s muffler, you have to get the piping custom made for it to work.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
thanks for the info guys. the muffler on my car i can really care less about. im not going for performance but for cosmetic looks. i just so happen to have this muffler sitting in my garage and my stock muffler needs to be replaced (metal is peeling).

so basically, in order for me to get this to work is, i need to see if they have a custom flange piece that goes from 2-2.5in and customize the hangers in order for this to work correct? that cant be too expensive could it?

Joshmmc

You could keep the flange, then cut and weld a step-up cuppler in.

jznsn2u

when i got my muffler on my car, i took it to a muffler shop to have it welded on my bpipe + add the flange that loops over the lca and to my b pipe + the mounting hooks. everything was the same size 2.5. i got charged $120. i'm not sure how much yours would cost, +1 to josh, the flange should look like it has stages that get bigger. + don't worry about making the hooks, thats easy for muffler shop guys. hopefully you wont get charged as much as i did, i got the whole catback system, and yours is just the muffler with a really difficult flange set up X_X.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
thanks for all the help. the car should be on the street by the end of the month or early april and íll take it to another muffler shop then and see what they can do.