RSX Mufflers

ej2civic

I was wondering if there is any difference between the base model muffler and the type-s muffler?

looking to buy one for my civic exhaust and didnt want to pay more money for no reason.

any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

heykosal

Angkorian
They are different but I don't know how.

I know the type-s exhaust piping is larger diameter. i think. idk lol!

itsmyteg

Another Member
The diameter size and I think the resonator as well. Also base exhausts would only pair with the same header (base header to base exhaust and type-s header to type-s exhaust)

speedin

The Transporter
If I did a N/A Integra again I think id go RSX-S resonator and muffler. Whats that piping 2.25?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
If I did a N/A Integra again I think id go RSX-S resonator and muffler. Whats that piping 2.25?
I'm not exactly sure how big the piping diameter is on the Type S, but I'll do some research. I have a feeling that you're right about the 2.25".

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
This is common on the civics, but all they use is the muffler. I would think its 2.25 because somebody on CC had 2.25 piping made and used an RSX-S muffler with it.

speedin

The Transporter
This is common on the civics, but all they use is the muffler. I would think its 2.25 because somebody on CC had 2.25 piping made and used an RSX-S muffler with it.
I dont see why tegs dont use it too. 2.25 is the optimal size for 90% of all N/A builds. Unles your going HARD OUT, 2.25 is plenty. Not to mention you get that nice stock sound too, much cheaper than a RSR as well.

heykosal

Angkorian
I'm pretty sure its 2.25 because back before I had decided to boost I was planning on getting a type-s muffler with spoolin's 2.25 piping. We had a thread discussing rsx mufflers before.
There was a video/sound clip in that thread too I think. I'll try and and find it.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I dont see why tegs dont use it too. 2.25 is the optimal size for 90% of all N/A builds. Unles your going HARD OUT, 2.25 is plenty. Not to mention you get that nice stock sound too, much cheaper than a RSR as well.
Teg drivers are more likely to go with the ITR muffler.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I'm not positive on the sides, but many people would rather take the easy way out. Buying an RSX-S muffler and getting some custom piping might be too much work for somebody that just wants to undo two bolts and slap a new muffler on.