RSX-S falls to my GSR

96gisar

this tread is kind of interesting..knowing the fact that a stock rsx TYPE S a k20 has torque about +20 over a stock gsr..also knowing that a typeS is about 200hp, compared to 170hp gsr..dont get me wrong, i own a 96 gsr with a si-r motor with i/h/e, with IM and s300 hondata...taking a typeS at the end of my 4th gear..ur motor must be gifted taking a typeS by 2 cars ahead with just 3 main bolt-ons...

nautica_t

i guess you're a better driver than the s drivers.
as i've raced both and i've lost to an 05, since it has the type r gearing.
and beat and 03.
but if they are slightly modded as in i/h/e, the 05 eats me alive.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
maybe its just me. well im thinking of an engine swap or a rebuild since its starting to feel a little sluggish. maybe that'll be my project this upcoming winter or spring.

im a real picky person. if something doesnt feel right, i want it out replaced with a new. :lol:

nautica_t

96gisar said:
this tread is kind of interesting..knowing the fact that a stock rsx TYPE S a k20 has torque about +20 over a stock gsr..also knowing that a typeS is about 200hp, compared to 170hp gsr..dont get me wrong, i own a 96 gsr with a si-r motor with i/h/e, with IM and s300 hondata...taking a typeS at the end of my 4th gear..ur motor must be gifted taking a typeS by 2 cars ahead with just 3 main bolt-ons...
i agree.. i have trouble with my R but a a gsr can take an S than i must really suck

03dc5Integra

hmmmmmmmmmm i bet that kid can't drive hahahah o wait wasn't that the kid that got in like 3 accidents n total his previous cars hahahahah so awesome hahahahahaha i beat a geo metro cuzzin how's that for a win right

nautica_t

yeah dc5's are pretty fast. but like he said, maybe driver error on the other guy's part.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
konerri said:
maybe the driver just sucks because dc5 s run like 14.7 stock. like dc2 r times.
what!!!! i've been reading clubrsx.com forums and no one barely gets 14.7 stock. low-mid 15's. that's what i've been reading.

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
nope at englishtown,nj a I/H/E/ 05 dc5 hit mid 14's. you definitly beat the driver not the car but still it was a win.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
IntegrasAreBest said:
nope at englishtown,nj a I/H/E/ 05 dc5 hit mid 14's. you definitly beat the driver not the car but still it was a win.
lol. i guess so. maybe i gotta start looking for pro racers haha.

MidniteFreedom

nice job! my ls beats my freind 240sx. thing sucks is he beats me off the line ye si know rwd > fwd lol
but once i hit my 3rd gear is all over for him lol. ls power baby!!!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
MidniteFreedom said:
nice job! my ls beats my freind 240sx. thing sucks is he beats me off the line ye si know rwd > fwd lol
but once i hit my 3rd gear is all over for him lol. ls power baby!!!
240sx's are slow. My friend had a 96 240sx SE 5 speed with I/H/E and it would lose to another friends N/T Eclipse with nothing but an intake.

But now it has an SR20DET w/ around 450hp so.....