RSX Type S?

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Hey guys, I was doing some thinking the other day and while I was browsing around online I found some nice looking DC5s and I realized that they're pretty affordable. My DB was/is my first car but honestly I'm just looking for something a little newer I could start fresh on have a little more fun with.

I found one near me for about 11k. Stock '02 Type S, with 80k miles. Arctic Blue Pearl. I just love how they can look and I'm pretty sure I'd be alright on the payments. I make on average like $120 a week, which I know isn't much but thats because I'm about to start college. I'd imagine payments wouldn't be too bad and gas wouldn't differ much, but I know insurance will go up. I only pay $100 a month right now under my parents.

I can revert my DB to stock and sell all the parts I have, some are worth quite a bit. (PWJDM intake, Buddy Club Pro Spec exhaust, Apexi N1 exhaust, GC coilovers, KYB AGX, etc)

Here's the link to the RSX I was looking at: here.

Thoughts? Opinions?

eiznekeM

IMO, I'd just stick it out with the sick DB until after college when you have a little more money to throw around. Getting a wild hair for a new car and then ending up short for cash and it just sitting undriven and unisured is not a fun place my friend. Keep looking though, you might find something a little cheaper. How much do you think the DB is worth?

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
For $11,000, I'd rather get an S2000.
Actually I did look into them because the prices are around the same. I can't seem to find an RSX for under 10k that doesn't have higher miles or isn't a base model. S2k's go on average around here for like 15k, and they are overwhelmingly popular where I live. I feel like having back seats is probably a good idea though.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
IMO, I'd just stick it out with the sick DB until after college when you have a little more money to throw around. Getting a wild hair for a new car and then ending up short for cash and it just sitting undriven and unisured is not a fun place my friend. Keep looking though, you might find something a little cheaper. How much do you think the DB is worth?
I almost sold the DB last year for 5k. KBB still puts it at 4800. I figure if I revert it to stock, sell it, then sell all the parts I have some nice cash to play with.

eiznekeM

Only 5k with all the parts on? Sheesh. I'd stick that right around 7-7.5k IMO. How much do you think you could get for parts & the car?

Cripton805

I like the RSX because of the rear seats.
Then again an S2k wont be bad because you will have a DB on the side for DD.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Only 5k with all the parts on? Sheesh. I'd stick that right around 7-7.5k IMO. How much do you think you could get for parts & the car?
Yeah with the parts I could probably get 7-8k

I like the RSX because of the rear seats.
Then again an S2k wont be bad because you will have a DB on the side for DD.
Nah I'm selling the DB if I get something new.

x2 or an RL <3 or STI <3 OR MX5 <3

RSX's have tranny problems
I did hear of the RSX's tranny issues. STI's are too expensive lol.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I drove my friends the other day, it's an '02 as well. Nice suspension feel, nice ride comfort, but the power felt restricted a bit. You can get a bugeye WRX for less than that price; change the downpipe, tune, and a couple other things and you have STi powertrain. My friend is forever trying to get me in a Subie, lol

For $11,000, I'd rather get an S2000.
Yuuuuuuuuuuuup!
x2 or an RL <3 or STI <3 OR MX5 <3

RSX's have tranny problems
The earlier models do for sure

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
idk if you remember pugnap00 (shane) but he shattered his transmission, shattered his clutch, chipped his final drive in separate incedents

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I drove my friends the other day, it's an '02 as well. Nice suspension feel, nice ride comfort, but the power felt restricted a bit. You can get a bugeye WRX for less than that price; change the downpipe, tune, and a couple other things and you have STi powertrain. My friend is forever trying to get me in a Subie, lol

Yuuuuuuuuuuuup!

The earlier models do for sure
my friend mentioned above has the 05/06

Teggy64

Got vtec?
if u got 11k to blow get something better than a dc5. A buggy wrx would be a good replacement. Maybe an s2k, si, type r or a TL type s if you wanna stay with honda.

Alvi84

1st off that is a dealer price. I've had plenty of years attending dealer auctions and etc... The dealer paid roughly 6 to 7k if they are willing to sell it for 11k. I would talk them down and start out saying... $9,000

A clean RSX is like R"S-EX" --- so damn sexy