RSX v. Prelude

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
ehhh it'd be more cost effective to get lude. and the way prices are dropping on the dc5...esepcially with the introduction of all the new k24 powered hondas....you can get them dirt cheap by next year lol. They ahve gsr integras going for 10K at dealerships while dc5's are in the 8-9K range. but the only dc5 i would get would be a an 05+

Mercy

Milwaukee Phantoms
Not the way gas prices are rising haha. The Prelude is high maintenance, only premium. At 5$+ a gallon... idk. I'll keep it in mind. But I feel like my mind has been made up :)

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
Not the way gas prices are rising haha. The Prelude is high maintenance, only premium. At 5$+ a gallon... idk. I'll keep it in mind. But I feel like my mind has been made up :)
rsx-s is premium as well.....they are all the same level of maintenance

j13

Keep It Clean
Type S I would go with. The Prelude can maybe pull harder, but the DC5 is 6 Speed, can rev higher. It has the same characteristics as the DC2/4 which is sexy. Plus the DC5 will be more compfy, new car-ish and they don't get stolen as easy.

Kyle

I personally like the Ludes, the H22 is the OG big displacement Honda engine. Just depends on which style you like more.

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
Type S I would go with. The Prelude can maybe pull harder, but the DC5 is 6 Speed, can rev higher. It has the same characteristics as the DC2/4 which is sexy. Plus the DC5 will be more compfy, new car-ish and they don't get stolen as easy.
1. revving higher doesn't mean much when you get your hp and tq sooner. who wants to wait for power. it uses a 6speed to make up for it's shortcoming of lack of displacement and increased weight.

2. it doesn't share many characteristics with the dc2/4. doesn't even use the same suspension setup or power train. double wishbone vs macpherson. their engines don't even spin the same way. they share vtec and that's about it.

3 yes the dc5 will be more comfy because ludes are cramped for their size. the k20 will make more hp with basic boltons and is a stronger motor in my opinion when using stock components. people are boost stock engines to past 400whp.

If i honestly had to pick i'd go with the dc5 only if it was a type-s. it's newer, more comfy, less issues due to it being younger and a new design, more likely somebody older and more mature was owning it due to it's higher price and lack of availability to the average young ricer.

ATTN: OP which rsx are you looking at 2002-2004 or 2005-2006? the last generation uses ITR cams and has higher comp ratio than the 1st gen. not to mention has an overall cleaner more mature style of accents. FYI rsx will be more expensive to mod as well....Go look at the price of k-series parts.....k-pro is like 800-1300 depending on what year rsx you have. you could have a nice all motor or turbo lude by the time you approach the price of a stock paid off bolton rsx-s.

+1 for javing an awesome name Soul Eater!!!!
yeah you'll like my email address then

death-the-kid@dc4-integra.com

Last edited:

Mercy

Milwaukee Phantoms
I'd prefer the 04 Type S.

PS: I think the Prelude weighs a bit more than the RSX though. But still they're both beautiful cars. If I ended up with either I'd honestly be happy. But The RSX is just so damn beautiful, that says a lot from me. I really despise newer model cars. But the DC5 is sppealing to me.

Last edited:

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
I'd prefer the 04 Type S.
yeah they have the lower comp and less aggressive cams but they are cheaper to k-pro since you have a 1st gen ecu. trust me i did my research on this since i was about to roll up and pay cash for a 2006 rsx 2 weeks ago but opted for my dc4 since it's faster than a stock-S and i love the styling better. granted i would love a k20 swap...it's just not worth it. 6-8K for an all motor 2.0 engine is retarded. you can buy an rsx-s for 8K lol

oh yeah and to me my car is prettier than an rsx...although i'll probably pick up a 2006 orange type-s sometime next year. always wanted a dc4 and dc5 in my driveway lol......and an e46 m3 lol....my girl will get mad at me if i buy anymore cars though. could barely convince her to let me buy my dc4

Last edited:

Mercy

Milwaukee Phantoms
lol she's jealous... of the cars ;) haha I baby my DB. I think I talk about her more than my girl >.<

Orange would look pretty cool. I'm debating between White or Black. If it's neither color it's getting a paint job first thing haha. But I'll take your (and everyone elses) advice and hold out for a type S to become available on the market.

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
yeah. do not do a custom paint job on an rsx until everything else has been checked and addressed on that car. customer paint is expensive to do right and could be better spent on mods or a savings account. just wait until the car you want is available. btw dark purple looks good on dc5's

I'm still debating if i want to paint my dc4....hmmm