Rubbage issues

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
what kind of tire? What were the road conditions?doesnt really look like it was rubbing all the way around the wheel

Y3llowDog

what kind of tire? What were the road conditions?doesnt really look like it was rubbing all the way around the wheel
Not to neogen. Dry. And the damage was pretty even around... Although it only tore partially.

mirrorimg

Looks like toe-in wear to me, considering how much of that edge is missing compared to the rest of the tire.

Heres a pic of a new tire. If you compare the side of yours thats worn against how much tread is shown on a new tire, youve got it pretty low (seeing how deep your tread is). With it being thin, if you hit a good size bump or pot hole its going to blow out.

The jagged edge of the tear leads me to believe that. A "slash" would have been a much cleaner cut.

Y3llowDog

Looks like toe-in wear to me, considering how much of that edge is missing compared to the rest of the tire.

Heres a pic of a new tire. If you compare the side of yours thats worn against how much tread is shown on a new tire, youve got it pretty low (seeing how deep your tread is). With it being thin, if you hit a good size bump or pot hole its going to blow out.

The jagged edge of the tear leads me to believe that. A "slash" would have been a much cleaner cut.
Yeah I was starting to think along the same lines simply because there's no corresponding wear on the opposite side. Ive held off on an alignment for a while because the car was decently straight and I knew coils would happen soon. Guess that was a mistake.