running fat

goober

had my 91 integra inspected. no pass for emissions. engine searches for correct idle speed. adjusted the valve lashing according to the specs. now i sound like a diesel you can really hear the cams slapping the rocker arms. help, whats the correct gap? how can i pass inspection? have checked fuel pressure regulator, new distributor, wires n plugs, new o2 sensor, re-timed motor. car runs awsome but still will not pass inspection. there is no engine light on, could there still be a code, how do you run the codes, is there an odb or service port somewhere.. HELP ME

Last edited:

cboe90DA

check ecu if the light is blinking. and imo its better to have the valves adj on the tighter side then the looser side. and run some high octain with booster and make sure ur car is running hot. the hotter ur get the cat the better when smoging it try to get some race fuel.

goober

removed the intake for s***s and giggles. there was caked oil covering the entire inside surface of the intake. cylinder no 1 intake runner was almost completely clogged. passageways in the throttlebody were clogged. removed and cleaned and reinstalled fit, iacv, throttlebody, intake, and clutch cable. replaced all vacuum lines, coolant hoses and pcv valve. i think my original problem was oil leaking from the distributor onto the coolant temperature sensor creating an short in the connector as well as the intake air charge temperature sensor in the intake was covered in oil. re-adjusted the valve lashing, i was 100th off. .004in for intake, .007 inches for exhaust (thank you eric the car guy). Stupid intake manifold gasket wasn't like the original it was way thinner so i couldn't bolt the intake to the intake support bracket. refilled and bled cooling system. tried to start but wouldn't start, be sure to ground the engine lol. running great now, smells a little better. still need a catalytic converter and a muffler, hope i pass inspection.

Last edited:

goober

still no pass, replaced fit, idles worse now. smell gas in exhaust. does club integra have iacv's? think i need one. just found out the car may have been overheated. i love this car and will not give up on it.

goober

car seems to run better when its cooler, will my emissions get worse if i bypass the throttlebody and the iacv coolant lines?