Running lean

zack11122

Hey guys I have a b20b swapped ls. I had a o2 code. So I fixed it and threw in new plugs. I drove the car for a few days and now I have a running lean code. I have gotten the code on the past but it went away. So now I'm at a loss. Any ideas? I've heard that this is a normal thing for these swaps.

Edit: I googled my problem. Some say ecu. I don't know what ecu I'm running. Would probably be the ls ecu. (I bought this swapped)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
We'll your Ecu didnt instantly go bad if it still runs the engine.
Is the Ecu chipped? Did you reset the Ecu after you replaced the O2 sensor?
How did the old plugs look? Pull the new plugs too, how do they look?
How does the car drive? Does it hesitate or breakup under load?

zack11122

My old plugs were all fowled. I replaced them and the idle smoothed. Accelerating smoothed. My car also got noticably more quiet. I will pull them today and check. As well as the ecu. I don't know about the ecu but I was told it was most likely stock. I didn't reset it. I just cleared the code.. I will reset it while I work on it today

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Pull the 10amp PGMFI fuse under the hood for 5 minutes to clear the ECU. When you replace the O2 sensor the Ecu should go through all the drive cycle checks.

zack11122

Just did linkage bushing in 10 degree weather... Bad idea. Waiting for my ecu to reset now