running light fuse keeps blowing, help!!!

rexpepper123

i have a 98 integra and i can not figurer out why the hell my running lights do not work it keeps blowing the fuse. i looked every where for the short and cannot figure it out. my dash lights work along with my brake and head lights. i cant understand why the hell it keeps doing this. anyone else have this problem and fix it?? oh i pulled the raido fuse and tried again but still blows the tail light/license plate light fuse.ive checked the under hood fuses they all look fine could it possibly be the switch in the steering column itself thats shorting out?

Last edited:

IntegraUA

So is it tail lights/lisence fuse that blows all the time or daytime running lights fuse...
does the fuse blows as soon as u insert it or at what point did u knowticed???

urquizadc4

this happened to me as well but it was the cables behind the stereo that were touching. and i would put a new fuse in and as soon as i turned the headlight switch it would blow the fuse. it has to be that some wires are touching somewhere.

rexpepper123

the running lights fuse does not blow. its the tail light/ license plate light fuse that blows as soon as i turn the lights on. i checked where the radio goes and theres no lose wires still has the factory wire harness. i just got the car yesterday and i noticed my rear lights were not on but the brake lights worked

rexpepper123

you all should point your fingers at me and laugh lol fixed this problem.... took 5 mins. had a running light on the pass. side wires touching. it truly really is the very last place you check.