running prob. starts.. then shuts off after 10 seconds.

Teg-Nasty

so heres the down low. im sitting at a stop sign. im stopped sending a text. then my car randomly shuts off. so i go to start it again. it start right up like normal. but with in 10 secs or so it shuts off. no studer. just shuts off like i turned the car off with the key. it keeps doing this... so now 2 weeks later. it still does this. it starts for about 10 secs or so then shuts of. doesnt matter if i give it gas or not. it turns off. but after a few trys or so it doesnt start up at all.

so far ive replaced the fuel pump and filter. it gave off the code 43 on the ecu. also put in a new main relay. it stayed running for over a min. then shut off again.

plz help!

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
Could be the ignition switch. To test it hold the key to the on position after start-up. Do not hold it too far or your starter will grind.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
When it stops starting, check for spark and fuel, figure out which one it's not getting.

j13

Keep It Clean
I've had this problem while working on a 90 DA. It was the Fuel Pump.

jrhdominos

This is happening because you text while driving..JK....definately seems like a fuel problem..for some reason you are "running out of gas" after ten seconds...then again you said it just cuts off no studdering??? Sounds maybe like a bad ground??? A short maybe???Ill be searching for the answer as well.

teg cruzr

A buddy of mine just had (pretty much) the same problem, ignition switch.
Does your dash light come on and off like they should? That was the taddle tale with my buddy's car.