s2000 cluster project

orthello

The Dutch Guy
I wrote some crappy pic program to create a signal with a 30ms high and a variable low, based on 10 bit ADC input. I haven't tested it yet. Will be done tonight or tomorrow morning.

plummo_vtec

well guys you seem to be making great progress cant wait for the finished product keep up the good work!!

orthello

The Dutch Guy
YES!!!!!!

Based on the information from s2ki I was able to have a first quick test.
Guess What? ECT WORKS!!!!!
I was able to have the 1st, 2nd an 3rd segment to be lit.
Because I'm busy the next few days I'm not able to do some more playing around. DAMN!!!!
My hands are itching!!! Can you believe that? Hahaha.

Now I need to find the EXACT specs of the transitionpoints from segment to segment.
That is what I'm going to do monday or tuesday.

orthello

The Dutch Guy
I managed to create a table with low times of the transition points. As I said.... itching hands ;)

ECT spy movie

Code:
	high,   low
1 bar   (always on)
	30ms, 1197ms
2 bars
	30ms, 1034ms
3 bars
	30ms,  553ms
4 bars
	30ms,  368ms
5 bars
	30ms,  274ms
6 bars
	30ms,  182ms
7 bars (red)

Last edited:

konerri

I managed to create a table with low times of the transition points. As I said.... itching hands ;)

ECT spy movie

Code:
	high,   low
1 bar   (always on)
	30ms, 1197ms
2 bars
	30ms, 1034ms
3 bars
	30ms,  553ms
4 bars
	30ms,  368ms
5 bars
	30ms,  274ms
6 bars
	30ms,  182ms
7 bars (red)
awsome

yeahsirb16

how should i mount my cluster in my 2000 civic si
in detail please

i have plexi glass but but wont the sides still show?

what did you use in the civic thats in this thred?

orthello

The Dutch Guy
I don't know. Unmount your current dash, see how the S200o gauge fits and see what you should do.

To measure is to know. ;)

konerri

cluster mounting is going to be custom for all cars. some people have different ideas about everything. Mount it however u like.

orthello

The Dutch Guy
PCB design is ready, Waiting for parts to arrive.
6 pin connector for power supply, VSS in/out and ECT in/out
Also added ICSP connector for easy updating of the firmware.

orthello

The Dutch Guy
VSS is working very very very smooth. From 2km/h up to 300km/h... Although I was only able to do real life tests from 0 km/h to 200 km/h. (While 120 km/h is the speed limit on our freeways LOL)

ECT is also tested and working properly from a functional point of view. I'm now setting up the Voltage vs. Bars table in the ECT converter software to have a nice 3 or 4 segments lit, when the engine is at it's normal operation temperature. So the things that are to be done now, are finetuning of the software.

And when really everything is ready, I'm going to pull out the 93C56 from the cluster and reprogram the ODO meter to match my current ODO. I need to set it from 38.000 to 233.000 km's :D Leaving it at 300km/h for a few days would take way to long to add 200.000 km's to the ODO :D
Oh... and I need to find out if the 93c56 is programmed in 8bit or 16bit mode. Will let you know....

Last edited: