Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
super come up! I was kind of excited after i watched the Type R legend and they said it was actually not a cosmetic enhancement.

XjoEnX

Nice!!! I knew it wasn't a cosmetic thing. I had forgotten where I read it but the ITR spoiler combination with the front lip adds a 10%-30% increase in downforce at higher speeds.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i do want that front end but i also dont. I want the bumper reinforcement to be SCCA legit just in case since my roll bar will be SCCA legit. Making the j front SCCA legit is hard and makes it a tad meh. I just want to find an oem 97 us lip but that aint happening

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Did you not know it was actually functional?
I always thought it was cosmetic until you mentioned Larry generated downforce with it and watching the type r legend kind of brought it back into my mind. :what: people just put it on usually cause its clean

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Nice!!! I knew it wasn't a cosmetic thing. I had forgotten where I read it but the ITR spoiler combination with the front lip adds a 10%-30% increase in downforce at higher speeds.
if i recall its actually in combination with the front lip. I used to not care to have the wing but this information was a selling point for me.

http://www.integratyper.org/specs/images/brochures/acura_97r_technical_guide.pdf

"Lower overall height and aerodynamic refinements that result in 30% less lift and 1% less drag."

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Right, i just mean the figure was generated by measuring both during testing. Shit cant argue the looks of it either. This and mugen gen1 are the only good lookin wings. GT wing has to be done right for it to look good.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I always thought it was cosmetic until you mentioned Larry generated downforce with it and watching the type r legend kind of brought it back into my mind. :what: people just put it on usually cause its clean
Honda wouldn't put it on the ITR if it was just for aesthetics. It's Honda. They don't fuck around.

if i recall its actually in combination with the front lip. I used to not care to have the wing but this information was a selling point for me.

http://www.integratyper.org/specs/images/brochures/acura_97r_technical_guide.pdf

"Lower overall height and aerodynamic refinements that result in 30% less lift and 1% less drag."
Good stuff Tom!

i think you can still generate some downforce with just the wing. Oh well f*** it ill find out haha!
I think there would be more drag and life because you have no aero up front. For aero to work on a car, there must me a balance.