Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Nick_C78

6'4" actually :p

Dude I am excited for my tune at Raceline. Can't wait to see what elton can do with it. Just need to install that thing and make my appointment.

You almost prepped for round 1 dylan?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
6'4" actually :p

Dude I am excited for my tune at Raceline. Can't wait to see what elton can do with it. Just need to install that thing and make my appointment.

You almost prepped for round 1 dylan?
aligntment this weekend and i need to fix my windows. but other than that yeah for the most part besides logistics. Which i think is going to be very very hard for round 1.

cody1018

Damn I feel short now, Im only 5'8" haha. I had him ship my Function and form type 1's because I didnt expect to come down so soon. But Once I get everything swapped out on my car I intend in driving back down there to get a tunce considering Im swapping out ECUs

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Damn I feel short now, Im only 5'8" haha. I had him ship my Function and form type 1's because I didnt expect to come down so soon. But Once I get everything swapped out on my car I intend in driving back down there to get a tunce considering Im swapping out ECUs
elton did a supurb job on tuning my car.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
I'm the shortest here, I'm 5'5" lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Got my Alignment done for the first two rounds this year!

-3 front -2.7 rear
toe as close as possible to the OEM setting - i need toe links i think

Anyways:

After doing some thinking ive changed the order of things that i want to get done to the car, I want to finish safety first. No use in buying coilovers if youre injured right?

So, after doing some thinking i decided to round up some quotes. Im a bit back and forth between two shops, and they are roughly the same price for a custom one. So thats super nice. At this point I have to think about what type of motorsport i want to do with this car, ie track day, w2w racing etc. Because, that will determine the way the rollbar is made. SCCA doesnt allow you to contour the main hoop of the bar if you have a roll cage. Like pictured below the main hoop has like 6 bends which is illegal in a rollcage. Its a touch descision for me to make, as planning ahead isnt my specialty, i cant really decide on what to eat for lunch some days. But, im leaning towards trackdays with this car, and if i want to do w2w i would do it in another car like a Miata or a hatch or another integra. but probably an eg or a miata.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You know you're going to have to realign your car after Round 1 right?
Because the wheels? I did an alignment on the ls mesh so it will be fine for round 2. It won't change drastically between those, I'm going to dial in an alignment for the RAs after I do the ball joints and lca.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So buttonwillow has come and gone, Justin asked to drive my car and he got a 2:12.x in it his first time ever driving my car, and the first day he was ever at that track. We had fun.

I did have an off that we thought was due to a prop valve, but looks like i picked up a wheel at sunrise.
which you can start to see happening here

Justin said the car was very neutral handling and he could probably fimd a few more seconds on the azenis. Which just means i have to do it at some point.

Took the car to EGR on Monday and got a quote and everything for my rollbar.
yesterday i started to prep the car for the bar. Ordered my anti sub strap from Takata and Schroth hardware to make the Takatas work with the bar.

Im taking the car the day after round 2 so im doing all the prep now.