Samurai Blue's Integra Build

goofygamer

your car is obd2. You need your obd2 ecu for smog so keep it. Your obd1 p28 will make your car run right with a dyno tune. the p28 ecu is a "one size fits all" vtec ecu. its the easiest to mess with and its usually easy to find. i used pharable.net for one car i helped build, while another one had a hondata s300 system in it already.

As for compression ratios and displacement goes, NA=more compression, higher domed pistons Boost=lower compression
I thought my car is obd2 also, but when I went to read an engine check code one time, I found out its obd1 lol. What is your thoughts on that? Should I still keep my obd1 p72 for smog, then try to find a p28? How much would a dyno tune usually run around?

Also, have you been to K's Customs in Sac? I've been wanted to buy a new type-r lip there, but haven't had the time. Just wondering if your friends have gotten anything from there and if so, how was the fitment? They advertise it as being wings west.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I thought my car is obd2 also, but when I went to read an engine check code one time, I found out its obd1 lol. What is your thoughts on that? Should I still keep my obd1 p72 for smog, then try to find a p28? How much would a dyno tune usually run around?

Also, have you been to K's Customs in Sac? I've been wanted to buy a new type-r lip there, but haven't had the time. Just wondering if your friends have gotten anything from there and if so, how was the fitment? They advertise it as being wings west.
for a full chip and dyno its going to be around 5-600ish depending on where you go, SJ has good places and so does oakland etc, and yes my type R lip was from Ks customs. the dude there is pretty cool and mine fit pretty well. Look at my thread for the pictures of the lip. 1320 performance also has lips and they are in Elk Grove, the place is kind of janky on stuff. The Si Vtec lip they sell im not impressed with at all.

goofygamer

for a full chip and dyno its going to be around 5-600ish depending on where you go, SJ has good places and so does oakland etc, and yes my type R lip was from Ks customs. the dude there is pretty cool and mine fit pretty well. Look at my thread for the pictures of the lip. 1320 performance also has lips and they are in Elk Grove, the place is kind of janky on stuff. The Si Vtec lip they sell im not impressed with at all.
That's substantial amount of mulla lol. Hopefully I'll have enough for the tune =D Either that or I'll just take the shortcut and just send my ecu to phearable. I've already been to 1320 and that's where I bought my replica optionals and type-r style lip lol. I ended up selling them all. K's custom seems to be selling wings west oem type-r replica lips and I've read that wings west makes the comptech itr lips and it should be a good fit. I don't want to drive all the way to sac and find out it sucks haha.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
ks kustoms only sells replica parts. it isnt the real ones. And honestly, i would just sell your ecu if you are doing a phearable set up. you can get a quick $100 for the p28

goofygamer

I think somebody, locally is selling a p28 for $50 =D might have to swoop it up. Yeah I know they make replicas. I'm just worried about fitment and the molding.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the fitment isnt going to be perfect but i was satisfied with the fitment i would get another one from them.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
idk, plug it into your car? Visually you should be able to open it check the back and front of the circuit board and look for rust, or burn marks on the circuit board or the casing

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
idk, plug it into your car? Visually you should be able to open it check the back and front of the circuit board and look for rust, or burn marks on the circuit board or the casing
also don't go by the serial on the outside of the casing open it up and the serial should be inside where the ecu plugs inside, people like to be slick and swap casing and stuff

Last edited: