sanding and stuff (pics)

itzrivera

hey guys i was sanding my bumper, due to an accident i mentioned before, and i ended up with this::

any of you guys know what the fuzzy s*** above the headlight is? i feel like maybe it resulted from me sanding it too much in that spot.
any info on this would be appreciated!
and moar pics just b/c

rexpepper123

yeah you need to be careful on the edges theres not alot of paint there. looks like you got into the plastic. what grit sand paper were you using? if your sanding down clean an paint to prep for primer i always use 240 grit an then go over it with a scotch bright pad after but yeah that black stuff looks like the bumper plastic when it gets sanded with a low grit paper. not a real big deal tho.

JGvtec

Its not going to matter knowing you sanded down the bumper completely. You are going to primer over that anyway.

itzrivera

iight thanks for the help. Also, do you think i should sand down the remaining spots before primer? and how many coats of primer do you think i should use?

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
you should of used 400 grit sand paper. that would of worked the best. Plus if youre gonna prime it, make sure you get plastic primer, if you dont, the paint wont bend with the plastic bumper and it will crack. Same thing with your paint. idk if your gonna be using a rattle can to paint it or not. idk if the rattle cans have that kind of stuff. but if your shooting it out of a paint gun, make sure you put plastic primer on it. also, if youre gonna piant it using a gun, there is an additive you are suppose to add to your paint mixture to make sure it the paint bends with the plastic bumper so you dont get it any cracks. I forgot the names of the plastic additives and stuff.. >.< ill try and remember to look at the names when i got to work tomorrow. If youre just using a rattle can, idk if i can help much. we dont use rattle cans :p Oh and you should put about at least three coats and make sure they are heavy coats too :p