scared to drive...

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
Im gonna drive a little safer now.

every day on lunch break me and a friend (240sx) head towards our houses. today we were both coming around a corner sideways, he was up on my back bumper as we were exiting the corner. once i was straightened out I look in my mirror to see watch him totalling his car. he hit a fire hydraunt, road sign, and took out a tree, only damage was to the front of the car but its still pretty bad. luckily he lived about a mile down the road. we get to his house and cops pulled up. scary, it could have been me. not sure whats going on with him now. I left while they were talking to him still and i drove back by and he was being checked for weapons.

this could have been me. im scared now. I think ill be driving in straight lines from now on.

my face feels hot and im sweating. but its cool inside where im at. my heart is still beating pretty fast.

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
If I do anything on the street where there are other cars, I keep it very small. I dont go all out and try to throw up clouds of smoke from the drift. I barely got sideways, mainly just my inner tire spinning due to the welded diff. but he seems to always go crazy with it and get completely sideways in the road.

Do you think im the one at blame? he seems to want to put the blame on me. since I was the lead car.

Winki

Undercover mod
If I do anything on the street where there are other cars, I keep it very small. I dont go all out and try to throw up clouds of smoke from the drift. I barely got sideways, mainly just my inner tire spinning due to the welded diff. but he seems to always go crazy with it and get completely sideways in the road.

Do you think im the one at blame? he seems to want to put the blame on me. since I was the lead car.
its not your fault he wrecked but peer pressure is probably the only reason he was doing it. every one has there own choices

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
peer pressure doesnt get him sideways. Ive been in the parking lot at a gas station by his house and ill see him sliding around the corner. ive actually never seen him drive for a minute without getting sideways

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
...today we were both coming around a corner sideways, he was up on my back bumper as we were exiting the corner. once i was straightened out I look in my mirror to see watch him totalling his car...
exactly why i feel more stable in good ole front-engine, front wheel drive.

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
Ive never spun out in the 240, it just slides around corners, just got to be ready to correct it, and not over correct it.

I spun out in my DA one time. I was going up a hill and around a tight corner, kinda like a U turn. was going pretty fast and it was all good until understeer took me away.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
I'm definitely way against any kind of crap like that on public roads...cars are unpredictable. Now matter how good of a driver you think you are, you can't guarantee that everything will go as it *should*. I know its fun to whip the car around every once in awhile...but in residential areas you gotta be smart. People's property, pedestrians, etc are out there and they are put at risk with stuff like this. It sucks that what happened to your friend happened...but it sounds like you learned a lesson the harder way. Be safe out there...no one wants to see a fellow enthusiast end up getting hurt, killed, locked up, or killing/hurting someone else.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I actually went a little sideways going home from work yesterday. I was on this one uphill corner and I started to oversteer. I had a feeling too, because my tires weren't warmed up at all. It was scary and fun at the same time. Must have been weird for people to see an Integra go sideways.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea man, that shit's not cool, you slide into anything I own and i'll put my foot up your ass. You don't need to be sliding/drifting your car around on public roads, once your car starts sliding it's out of control, tell me otherwise i'll argue all day. All it takes is one time that your tire catches wrong and you'll end up spinning out into somebody, small drift, big drift, it doesn't matter.

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
I had a similar experience where my friend was trying to keep up with me on an S-turn/exit, at the end of it he spun all the way into traffic, I thought he died but there were no cars that late at night. No damage to the car either.

Point is...be glad you didnt cause damage and stop before you do...life has a funny way of giving you warning signs

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
believe me, I learned. Im actually thinking about not going to the meets as much. im usually the camera man, and i usually ride with the faster car to get video...