scratches. help

joexchoi

Hey guys. my car is generally clean but I looked around the car and saw a couple scratches here and there.
and also near the keyhole. I guess the old owner only had a standard key without a keyless remote so there scratches all over. Also, I feel like the paint isn't as shiny as it could be. Any suggestions for both problems?

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
yea both those you can do your self. you can touch up paint from an acura/honda dealer or any part store that has touch up paint for your specific paint code. and waxing is good to do when you wash your car im just not sure if car wash places have wax or not because i wash my car at home..

ImElvis

Sup yo'
wax could be done on your own. SOME car wash places do wax jobs for you, takes 1-3 hours depending on the workers. i have this place that uses all Meguiar products.. pretty awesome, but it's fun to do it on your own cause you'll do it to your own satisfaction.

i used some degreaser on my some of my scratches.. it took of the white parts of the scratches that made it stand out, but it DOES NOT remove scratches. used it all over my car, and it's looking pretty darn shiny, especially made my windows looks brand new too. if you plan to do this, use only a little bit of spray or else you'll end up scrubbing off your car's paint job. tomorrow i'm hoping to go for a wash followed by a wax if it doesn't rain.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
rubbing compount will get all of the surface scratches off, get a bottle of touch up psint to get the rest of the scratches

and give her a nice coat of wax after your done :)

jznsn2u

turtle wax - rubbing wax drys really quick. i recommend meguires wax, or rubbing compound. the extra $2 is really worth it.

midnightdragon

teggy gurl
Rubbing compound should work- I use 3M. U can get it at any auto store & even walmart. If it doesn't work it isn't a surface scratch-then use touch-up paint u can get at dealer or expresspaint.com for like $25 including shipping. Idk how much it is at the dealer...
I use Meguiar's wax ;)

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
its like $10 at a dealer the last time i went to get some touch up paint (bout a month or 2 ago)