Screws broke off on camshaft

PR-integra

Does anyone have any idea how i get the screws for the camshaft that broke off inside the holes????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
You can drill them out but u would have to re thread them and it will be a hassle how many did u break?

When I had my ls I broke two off and I just ran the car how it was - never had a problem

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Dam that's a decent amount - I mean u can see what other ppl say on here but if it was me I would either swap the head for another one or just drive it how it is.

If it's a stock motor finding an ls/b20 head shouldn't be hard. And shouldn't cost a lot

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
The most id say is 2 per cam. All seperated by a cam cap each.

That way the load on them is dispersed.

If they are next to eachother that is going to be a problem.

I broke one on my intake side.

Take it to a machine shop or buy another head. An LS/b20 head can be found real cheap. Cheaper if it's bare. Maybe $20-40 bucks. I can find a used one off a junkyard for about $50 complete.

Usually they aren't worth saving. So it's just scrap metal once someone upgrades to vtec.

95B18BTurbo

Are you using a torque wrench? I've never broken one with the correct torque settings... just sayin...

Use and easy out BTW to get the old ones out.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
lol why are you trying to start it with half the bolts broken? Do you run out the door with half your clothes on in the morning?

PR-integra

Its only 4 and 4 caps have one and all the other ones have 2 so i dont get it.... Its frustraiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muckman

Not a M0derator
4 is a lot! lol
Stop pretending you're the hulk and get a torque wrench.

*Pro Tip - Im sure all of those bolts are all stretched now. Replace them all.

R13

The other asshole
Get a small bit and drill the center out of the bolts, It's not guaranteed but for me it works almost every time, It just allows the bolt to shrink and it will usually twist out with the drill bit without damaging the threads.

Sent from my toaster