Seatbelt and Tach not working at the same time

Gnat5680

Ok, so I was digging around in my dashboard the other day because my dash lights kept blowing a fuse.. Well after some searching on here someone talked about the radio wires and sure enough that was my problem. So now the lights are working...

BUT

Now my seat belts are stuck in the forward position and my tachometer is not working at all.

I took the dash out again and looked around and all the wires were in tact and making contact.

So, my question is what can I do to fix my car so I can drive it around? (The tach is not a major problem but the seat belts are a HUGE problem...)

Gnat5680

I just got back inside, The belt will go forward but not backwards. I pushed it backwards with the door closed then opened it up and they went forward.

Prozon

Kris
Bump for an answer?!

My teg isn't ready for the pavement yet, but it has this same problem. Seat belts are forward and the tach doesn't work. Guess I'll go poke around and see if I can fix it, seeing as how your having the problem too.

Heading out to shop now, I'll post back if I figure anything out.

Gnat5680

Ok, so here is the answer...

First off, NEVER go to Bloomington Acura.. They were fucking ridiculous to deal with. They said ti would take only and hour to diagnose my seatbelt and I ended up being there for 4 and a half and they left 2 screws out of the dash and that small little piece at the end of the heater controls is missing and they can't order a new one (Go figure) cause they don't make it..

Anyways, on to the solution.

According to the stealership papers, it said that a pin at connector C705 was bent and it was causing fuses to blow. he repaired the pin and it worked again. That connector I am told is behind the cluster (I was working on my cluster the other day, must have missed that)

SO, That is the dreaded answer that NOBODY has answered before from the looks of Google...

I hope you get your Teg working!

Gnat5680

Oh, and that DID fix my Tach and my clock.. My temp and gas were also out but now work again..

Gnat5680

Also, Can anyone tell me what the C-705 connector is? I can't find it in two separate manuals...

Thanks!

Prozon

Kris
It makes sense that it was something behind the tach.. but I have no idea what on earth it is.

Good job man! Kudos to you. I'll search around and let you know if I figure out what the C-705 connector is lol.

Edit:
I have a thought.. perhaps it's just the code for a gauge cluster or something? Googling brought up a site that sells gauges so maybe that's it..
I don't know, but I will definitely have to rip apart my dash and look around to see what I messed up lol.

Last edited: