seats for bigger guys

David.95LS

Delwarian
Does anyone have any suggestions for seats for bigger guys (or gals). Im looking to spend about 200-300 a seat and prefer one piece seats, for a harnesses and rollcage.

Anyway im 6' about 260 lbs, and stocky, and i kinda muffin top the stock integra seats lmao.

but any suggestions would be cool, i sat in my buddys corbeu one pieces and the shoulder parts were into my my clavical, and i just didnt fit, same for the type R recaros.

Thanks in advance

Cripton805

Does anyone have any suggestions for seats for bigger guys (or gals). Im looking to spend about 200-300 a seat and prefer one piece seats, for a harnesses and rollcage.

Anyway im 6' about 260 lbs, and stocky, and i kinda muffin top the stock integra seats lmao.

but any suggestions would be cool, i sat in my buddys corbeu one pieces and the shoulder parts were into my my clavical, and i just didnt fit, same for the type R recaros.

Thanks in advance
Just use the stock seats if they fit right.
Anything for race purposes is pretty much meant to "hug the driver" :oops:

Or go custom

David.95LS

Delwarian
Just use the stock seats if they fit right.
Anything for race purposes is pretty much meant to "hug the driver" :oops:

Or go custom
yeah i know there suppose to hug the driver its just the seats i have sat in, i cant physically fit in.

Not trying to sound like a dick but, I race gokarts on a clay oval and i know seats are suppose to fit a driver, i was just wondering if there was a wider racing seat available.

thanks for the quick response though :thumbup:

sonicvybe

new driver
If it was just the tall factor, I would say some of the racing seats have super low seat rails, which should give you an extra inch or two height wise. Not sure about the width factor...

What's your waist measurement?

Cripton805

yeah i know there suppose to hug the driver its just the seats i have sat in, i cant physically fit in.

Not trying to sound like a dick but, I race gokarts on a clay oval and i know seats are suppose to fit a driver, i was just wondering if there was a wider racing seat available.

thanks for the quick response though :thumbup:
Well I didn't know if thats what you meant because you came off as just slightly bothering you.
I thought you were complaining due to the shape of the seat.

anyway. I don't know. The space is pretty limited in the Tegs. Even the stock seat looks like it's pretty wide, I don't "think" there are many racing seats in production that will be trully comfortable for you. I've seen custom work that is really admirable and can be shaped any way you would like to fit perfectly.

David.95LS

Delwarian
Well I didn't know if thats what you meant because you came off as just slightly bothering you.
I thought you were complaining due to the shape of the seat.

anyway. I don't know. The space is pretty limited in the Tegs. Even the stock seat looks like it's pretty wide, I don't "think" there are many racing seats in production that will be trully comfortable for you. I've seen custom work that is really admirable and can be shaped any way you would like to fit perfectly.
yeah my bad dude i should have worded it better. nut no worries. as for everyone else thanks for the responses and im gonna check that website out when i get home cause my crackberry is slow as hell

also do you got any pics of these custom built racing seats, they sound legit

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
not to be a dick or anything but losing weight would be better than trying to find furniture to fit you:)

i keep all my clothes same size so when i stop fitting in them i dont buy bigger clothes, i change my diet or go to gym to get back to my normal weight.

also. the only seats i know of will give you more space are del sol seats, they are about 1.5 inch lower than stock integra cloth seats and about 2 inches lower than leather integra seats.

all racing seats are designed to hold your butt like a pair of vice grips so you dont slip.
all the japanese made seats are designed MOSTLY by and for japanese people...

unless you can fit some accord seat in it. or some other seat that doesnt look like a bucket than you stuck with stock seats or del sols.

to be honest im 6.1 and about 180-200lbs usually. and i cant fit in most of the racing seats.

David.95LS

Delwarian
not to be a dick or anything but losing weight would be better than trying to find furniture to fit you:)

i keep all my clothes same size so when i stop fitting in them i dont buy bigger clothes, i change my diet or go to gym to get back to my normal weight.

also. the only seats i know of will give you more space are del sol seats, they are about 1.5 inch lower than stock integra cloth seats and about 2 inches lower than leather integra seats.

all racing seats are designed to hold your butt like a pair of vice grips so you dont slip.
all the japanese made seats are designed MOSTLY by and for japanese people...

unless you can fit some accord seat in it. or some other seat that doesnt look like a bucket than you stuck with stock seats or del sols.

to be honest im 6.1 and about 180-200lbs usually. and i cant fit in most of the racing seats.
lol its all good, i need to lose a few pounds. I go to the gym twice a week to workout for ice hockey and i been the same size since i was 16.

I just have broad shoulders so the seats i have sat in, the should parts dig into my shoulders, if i had about 2 inches wider id fit nice and snug but i dont.

im leaning towards del sol seats, i sat in my buddies earlier and there pretty comfortable and i seem to fit, its just that i would like one pieces to have the safety system right.

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
oh ok then different story lol.

you have aftermarket seat harness in it?

if you using stock seatbelts the del sol seats bolt right in.

all you have to do is put your inegra rails on the del sol seats and they go in.
gsr leathers are not as"buckety'? is there even a word for bucketness of the seat?
but gsr leathers are higher than stock integra cloth seats as well, and pretty damn slippery.

ya man i donno, i just looked through google images on racing seats and it seems they all somewhat universal size.

probably because there not many hockey players with big shoulders that are also tracking their hondas.:)

unless its possible to strip the racing seat and bend th shoulder pads outwards to make them more flat.

heres a google racing seat frame that i found, looks like it is relative simple to bend them outwards on that type of seat.

another option would be to email the company directly and see what they can do for you. maybe they can make u a custom seat by just welding the tubes wider or something.

David.95LS

Delwarian
oh ok then different story lol.

you have aftermarket seat harness in it?

if you using stock seatbelts the del sol seats bolt right in.

all you have to do is put your inegra rails on the del sol seats and they go in.
gsr leathers are not as"buckety'? is there even a word for bucketness of the seat?
but gsr leathers are higher than stock integra cloth seats as well, and pretty damn slippery.

ya man i donno, i just looked through google images on racing seats and it seems they all somewhat universal size.

probably because there not many hockey players with big shoulders that are also tracking their hondas.:)

unless its possible to strip the racing seat and bend th shoulder pads outwards to make them more flat.

heres a google racing seat frame that i found, looks like it is relative simple to bend them outwards on that type of seat.

another option would be to email the company directly and see what they can do for you. maybe they can make u a custom seat by just welding the tubes wider or something.
no harnesses' in yet but i have them and when the cage is done they are going in, but another idea i was looking at was too take the padding out of the stock integra seat, and bent the bars outward as you were saying, then make some plates and weld the seat into a one piece, doesnt sound too safe but the way i wanna do it will be safe. Ill def post some pics up.

Plus the new project i just bought has pretty fresh black and grey cloth seats, so gotta get to modifying after i get the motor built and body work done.

but thanks for the idea man, i was wondering about that too but i didnt want to have to sew the seat and cushions back on, but looking now there is a zipper so that will make life easier. :thumbs up

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
the factory seats usually have a metal plate basket instead of a frame theres usually no wings to bend its all foam.

David.95LS

Delwarian
i was talking about the bars around your lower back/kidney area, but ill have to get the seat apart to actually see what im working with.

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
heres the image of stock seat, it has the recliner gear built into it i dont knof ig you be able to do anything besides welding it into one position and bend it out.

David.95LS

Delwarian
heres the image of stock seat, it has the recliner gear built into it i dont knof ig you be able to do anything besides welding it into one position and bend it out.

yeah thats gonna be a bitch lol. But thanks for the pic. and i think im just gonna go to a few performance shops and sit in some seats until i find one i life.

but thanks for the quick responses.