Seats!

lockonaircombat

Hey guys I'm new to the integra forums :) just switched from a civic :) I love my integra! So anyways check it out, iv been thinking about getting some bucket seats because my driver seat is all messed up but I was hoping someone could give me more info. Would it be possible to keep my original seatbelt or is the seatbelt part of the seat? If I can unbolt it I'm ok with bolting it on to the new seat. I kinda want a racing seat because of the comfort. But im only gonna do my driver seat, My buddy has an lancer eve and I effin love his seats! Lol any help is appreciated.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
reclining and fixed position seats can use the OEM 3 point belt. Only reclinable seats will be safe with the oem 3 point though

lockonaircombat

Oh ok, so then the seat belts would work? It just wouldn't be safe right? I'm cool with that I just don't wanna get a ticket lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the reclinable ones are safe. The bucket seats will kill you in an accident without a roll bar and a harness

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
You would need different rails.

Wedge makes some that you can mount your auto belts to.

Not mine.

red.line

I heard that the Wedge rails puts the seat higher than stock, which is what would hold me back I think if I ever pick up some ITR Recaros.
I would rather just modify my stock rails to work with them.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
That guy said they felt about the same. I was looking for some seats also, can't afford to lose any headroom.

red.line

Well I'll see exactly what would need to be altered on the stock rails..if it's going to compromise my safety and that of a passenger (or be a big PITA), I'll just go with the Wedge rails.

562Thomas

You would need different rails.

Wedge makes some that you can mount your auto belts to.

Not mine.
Those seats are nice! So these are Recaro ITR seats w/ Wedge brand rails? Are these the only rails you can bolt the auto belts to? Also how can I get an arm rest like the one in the photo and how short is that shifter? Im working on my interior right now too my driver seat is ripped to hell I was thinking of getting them re-done or buying new OEM's or racing reclinable ones but didn't know how I was going to do for a belt.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i remember seeing that a company, i think recaro themselves, has low seat rails.
a buddy in mine has it in his DC and i was loving it.

i had the regular ones. it sat a bit higher but i was still comfortable with plenty of headroom.

DAWGSwlms22

soo, is Wedge the only company that makes a braket for the auto belts? i was getting ready to order new seats, and just get the rails off ebay, since they're cheaper there. would those work with the auto belts?

first_teg

I have a pair if cheap ass bomz racing seats that I had in my prelude and there comfertable and cheap and I ttok my seat bealt lock and just rig welded it to the axle of the seat and it worked fine..there 300$ pluse 150$ for brakets and fully reclinable I think im gonna put them in my teg after all the needed arts r in u should try em...only thing that sux is there like fleece fabric lol

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
If youre going to be buying aftermarket seats I

1. highly suggest you dont get knockoff seats. Think about your safety and your passengers safety. In the event of a collision theres a good chance that the knockoff seat isnt going to hold up to the impact, putting yourself and your passenger in danger. Seats are expensive for a reason, they are DOT approved.

2. If you get fixed back seats, run a roll bar, not a harness bar, and harnesses. Without a proper belt in a fixed back seat you are really doing yourself more harm than good. And also, in the event of a rollover, if you dont have a roll bar you might be screwed. Fixed back seats and harnesses without a roll bar is a no no. Your belts are made so that you can slide out if possible, but with harnesses you are strapped in. If the roof caves, and you dont, your neck wont like you.

3. If you get regular brides or recaros that recline, just run regular belts. Purchase brackets and sliders for them. Ive got corbeau brackets on my recaros and they work fine. I think they were 200 for the pair, or separate. I forgot.