Second exhaust leak after 1 year 2 months.

K3Ntegra

As I drove every 10 miles, the car's exhaust got louder and louder, as it's in "drive gear" and I accelerate even a little bit. It's almost unbearable to drive, and I refuse to drive it unless when "needed".

This noise seems to originate at the under body below the driver's seat.

The last one seemed to occur closer to the rear muffler itself.

The first one occurred at 174,000 miles. The car now has 189,000.

Shortly before this, I got a new distributor and spark plugs + spark wire.

Are there anythings I can tell the mechanic to do to ensure, this isn't likely to happen within the next 50 thousand miles or so?

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
It depends where the leak is and cause of the leak. If its rusting through then its just a shtty replacement exhaust. If its leaking at the end of the header then maybe that would indicate lots of engine movement (worn mounts) or broken exhaust brackets. It has to be inspected to determine the cause.

K3Ntegra

Thank you for responding.

Mechanic said, a new gasket and exhaust pipe will be needed. $340, parts and labor.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you could probably go aftermarket for a little more if youre willing to do that. Or order an Integra Type R mid pipe, which would give a little more performance.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Yeah but he/you didnt say why a new pipe was needed. Most likely its rusted out bc its a cheap exhaust like Walker or Bosal.