Secondary o2 sensor different?

hamfacekilla

I kinda broke my secondary o2 sensor on my 96 gsr and was wondering if I could just use one from an ls or gs , or is the gsr o2 different? Thx guys

DARKNGL

Amigo del Wraith
They are for some reason different. Compare part numbers on www.acuraoemparts.com or Autozone website.

96 GSR Secondary O2 Sensor:
36532-P73-A01

96 LS Secondary O2 Sensor:
36532-P2R-A01

96 GSR Secondary O2 Sensor ( Autozone ):
96 LS Secondary O2 Sensor ( Autozone ):

hamfacekilla

damn, they are different. thx man. i have an ls one that im going to try to use and see if the teg notices a difference or not, im hoping it will just work lol probably not tho :(

lokibear

Doesn't matter duder. On my 01 gsr I have a 97 civic upstream o2 sensor for my rear.

DARKNGL

Amigo del Wraith
Wonder why they have different part numbers.

hamfacekilla

Wonder why they have different part numbers.
i had this problem with the pcv valve, it broke and i wanted to use one from my old ls and didnt know if it would work, but it did work and it to had different part numbers on autozone and stuff

DARKNGL

Amigo del Wraith
the difference is in the length of the wires
Ah.... that makes sense. You are right. Even the picture shows the wire length different. I would assume that the connections are the same exact type as well. You know thinking about it some more I checked the description for the differences. Both are heated but I guess the VTEC model ( being the GSR/TypeR ) is made more robust with more elements added as they are more high performance, so to speak, to handle the increase in power.

Although like many here are using other O2 Sensors from other Honda's, they may not last as long as they should. That would make them different all together.

VTEC
Part#15730

Features & Benefits

Bosch Premium Oxygen Sensors with OE SmartLink™ provide the closest match to the original equipment manufacturer s sensor performance. Each sensor is manufactured with a two-foot length of sensor wire to allow maximum replacement of worn wire.
•The base ceramic probe combines oxides of zirconium, yttrium and other elements to form a tough base that resists cracking from mechanical and thermal shock.
•Patented platinum power grid is made with more platinum than all other competitors sensors for optimized sensing, delivering best-in-class performance and maximum service life.
•Fine particle filter prevents contamination of the electrode for longer service life and a consistently precise voltage signal to the engine computer.
•Coarse particle filter protects against exhaust gas and other chemical contamination, increasing sensor performance life.

Non-VTEC
Part# 15733

Features & Benefits

Bosch Premium Oxygen Sensors with OE SmartLink™ provide the closest match to the original equipment manufacturer s sensor performance. Each sensor is manufactured with a two-foot length of sensor wire to allow maximum replacement of worn wire.
•The planer oxygen sensor, featuring advanced thick film technology, includes a number of improvements over current generation sensors.
•Heater is integrated within the sensor element requiring less power to activate the sensor ceramic.
•Faster light-off time for faster closed-loop control after cold start to meet tighter emissions standards (UL EV, SUL EV)
•Smaller size and reduced mass.

Last edited: