secret button behind hood release?

bvans

DC5-ED9
Hey guys,
been a good 5 months since I got my integra. about 30 minutes ago i decided to tear some stuff apart to find out what alarm system i have. Before I could get down to doing so, I found this.
What is this button? Do your integras have it? I'm scared to push it.. Might be some James Bond s***!

speedin

The Transporter
Press it see what happens. Its either a kill switch or a valet mode for the alarm.

speedin

The Transporter
didnt think of a valet mode! check this out.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viper-Python-DEI-Valet-Programming-Button-Switch-Alarm-/110445877617

after i leave work n go home i'll see what the button does. I don't wanna push it then get stranded with my car not starting in the parking lot here haha..
what exactly is a valet mode anyways?
If its a kill switch all you will need to do is press it again for the car to work. All the average valet mode does is disable the alarm so you dont have to hand valets the alarm. Really pointless imo. I have one that actually switches the ECU mapping limiting the car to 3000rpms, lol, cant have fun below 3000!

bvans

DC5-ED9
i was just readin up on switch... does seem pretty dang pointless haha i dont wanna press it then not know how to get out of valet mode.. but if its a kill switch i'd be stoked i've been meaning to install one.
if my teg doesnt self destruct when i push it i'll let you know what happens haha

bvans

DC5-ED9
pushed it and it still started. not a killswitch.
to push the alarm in valet you have to hold the button.. i don't wanna put it in valet so why bother..
pretty sweet hiding spot though huh? haha
thanks for the help guys

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
this. haha

If you ever find that kind of thing on your Integra, its definitely not stock or OEM. Thats why theres a somewhat similar button on mine, however I was told its the valet switch, which I have no idea how to use, nor would I ever trust letting the valet take control of my car (yet alone a manual vehicle).

Also, its important to note that if its a killswitch, then now we all know

phatintegra

Banned
Here is the question is there a single LED bulb mounted on the steering column plastic piece or on the A-Piler or anywhere on the dashboard? If so that's a Valet button if you hold it down for a couple of seconds, that LED light should light up solid If it does your in Valet mode and also you should of hear a beep as well going into Valet mode if it's hooked up.

EDIT:
Hey guys,
been a good 5 months since I got my integra. about 30 minutes ago i decided to tear some stuff apart to find out what alarm system i have. Before I could get down to doing so, I found this.
What is this button? Do your integras have it? I'm scared to push it.. Might be some James Bond s***!

Last edited: