Security idea

IntegraUA

Hey guys.....
i have this tought about security for your teggy

How does it sound to relocate Main relay to a different spot that can be accesed easie and just simply unpluging in.... cut the connector and extend wiring to where ever you want and resolder everything,,, it would be just like taking the head of ur stereo...
open your glove box for example and unplug relay... car wont run with out it and i dont think it can be bypassed so easy or em i misstaken>???? maybe add power swith for that relay as another layer of security... let me know what ya all think....

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
and what would be easier to do would be run a fuse between one the wires to the main relay and put the fuse in an easily accessible yet discrete place and just keep the fuse with you (and some spares lol)

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
It's already in the how to section. Relocate the main relay up high and out of reach, put a switch on the ground wire. Hide the switch.

You don't want to unplug the entire relay repeatedly. Not only is it a pain in the ass, and you can drop or lose the relay, but you'll mess up the pins and the clip in the wire harness.

Afireinside

Not trying to hi-jack but my integra has a four pin chip that pulls out a harness and disables the car! Is this factory?(it looks like it)
Is there a place to get another chip?
Thanks

mjones73

I was thinking a good trick would be to re-locate it high with the kill switch then get another with the end of the harness from a junkyard or something as a decoy in the stock location... just something that popped in my head, I need to get up under the dash to see if it's feasible.

Last edited:

IntegraUA

couple really good ideas in here guys... i like the "fuse" one... yeah just carry some fuses in ur pocket lol,,, but relocation and kill switch is defenatly the best...

Godlike

I bought my car from a shady area and the seller was pulling the ecm out and taking it with him every time he got out of the car. Im sure hes not the only one to do this but I looked at him like he was nuts. I live in the country- no crime